• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAC

Mar 10, 2011
    MD
    FFL called me at 10am today , my 2/12 was ready . I got over there around 11:30 . As I was parking my car they called me again to tell me my other 2 from 2/14 was ready . 60 & 58 days .

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    TODAY IS 30 DAYS WAITING FOR MY G-19.DEPENDING ON WHO I LISTEN TO ITS EITHER 30 OR 90 MORE DAYS. DAMN GLAD THE BURGLARS AGREED TO WAIT FOR ME TO GET MY G-19 BEFORE THEY BREAKIN

Current wait time is 50-60 days and on the rise. Picked up my 2/15 today waiting on a 3/16.

Btw- turn off your caps.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I was at a MSP barracks yesterday and started chatting with the duty officer and he told me something that got me going huh. So apparently they transferred 8 officers into licensing full time but removed all overtime. I'm guessing this will slow down the process and why its taking a lot longer. I also don't think they are 24-7 anymore but I didn't get confirmation.

pez34a

Feb 17, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    First time poster, but been lurking for several months now.

Bought 2/12, got the call and picked up today (4/13). 60 days.

Submitted form to become a designated collector earlier this week; we'll see how long that takes. Gonna try to build my collection before 10/1.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    First time poster, but been lurking for several months now.

Bought 2/12, got the call and picked up today (4/13). 60 days.

Submitted form to become a designated collector earlier this week; we'll see how long that takes. Gonna try to build my collection before 10/1.

well like i posted i put in the app for a handgun on 2 - 16 and them 2 weeks later i put in for my collectors cert. i received the collectors cert on the 8th and it had been approved on the 3rd. so i got the cert in so my cert took 31 days to get here.

here is a question; if they have had my handgun app 2 weeks longer than my dc what is the hold up on my app?:mad54::mad54:

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I got the call! I got the call!! Yup, I got two calls!

Both were 2/18 purchases. Both from Atlantic. One from Rockville, the other from Silver Spring.

54 days for both guns.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    I got the call! I got the call!! Yup, I got two calls!

Both were 2/18 purchases. Both from Atlantic. One from Rockville, the other from Silver Spring.

54 days for both guns.

Thanks for the update - I'm waiting for a 2/18 purchase also, although I know from this thread that I'm heading for trooper review so I hope it won't be much more than another week. It is amazing how, even after reading these threads for months, I learn something new about this screwed up process everyday.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    2/25 here, I have no idea how much longer since some have gotten some back at 2/22 and others before them are still waiting. Crazy.

Sinnerman

Sinnerman
    Feb 23, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Well, it happened!56 days! 2/14 to 4/12....since we are all family (by now) can any one let me know the best place in (or around) Howard County to do a couple of transfers from NY...just two handguns, six shooters, nothing that crazy...any advice would be great...also, if you know anything about what the seller in NY should be aware of, that to would be appreciated too, thanks!

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    They are doing a Field Mark check in the CJIS system which shows every time you were ever fingerprinted, be it for a clearance or for an arrest.

Or for a teaching job, or for a hazmat license, or for about a bazillion other things. Oh, yeah, I think my gf got printed for her nursing license.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Or for a teaching job, or for a hazmat license, or for about a bazillion other things. Oh, yeah, I think my gf got printed for her nursing license.

my wife and sister both work as bank teller, they both were fingerprinted. I wonder what the percentage of apps sent to MSP are from someone already fingerprinted. with so many people being fingerprinted these days, would it be as high as 15%? out of the 39k apps they have received this year (http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2346714&postcount=3) it would come out to 5850 applications already fingerprinted. depending on duplicate purchasers.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    my wife and sister both work as bank teller, they both were fingerprinted. I wonder what the percentage of apps sent to MSP are from someone already fingerprinted. with so many people being fingerprinted these days, would it be as high as 15%? out of the 39k apps they have received this year (http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2346714&postcount=3) it would come out to 5850 applications already fingerprinted. depending on duplicate purchasers.

Given the reasons we've come up with in just a few seconds for printing as well as the economic makeup of MD (huge number of government employees, medicine, teaching) 15% might be in the ballpark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom