• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    i don't understand how that works, you would think that they would do each dates paperwork before moving to the next days paperwork, i guess it could also depend on when submitted to MSP.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I just paid mine off yesterday. It needs to be transferred to the MD FFL first (should have happened last night). Waiting on call from FFL to fill out the paperwork.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I filled out my paperwork on Jan. 2. Called the shop where I bought the gun yesterday and they told me paperwork wasn't back. Then they told me they're closed next week so I'll at least be waiting another week. :sad20:

KCain

Dec 16, 2012
    Arbutus, Maryland
    just called A&D about my FNS .40 that I filled paperwork out for on the 29th... I was told they are just starting to get back paperwork from the 27th! So hopefully only a few more days!

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    just called the gun shop, found out my paperwork didn't get faxed in until the next day, the 28th. i was told probably another week.

KCain

Dec 16, 2012
    Arbutus, Maryland
    just called the gun shop, found out my paperwork didn't get faxed in until the next day, the 28th. i was told probably another week.

Mine was filled out on the 29th and A&D told me this morning they are getting paperwork back from the 27th. If that's the case I'd think you should be seeing yours in the next couple of days.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Well, I visited Bob at Gunrunners -- he's doing "land office" business -- crazy busy, non-stop filling out paperwork for new guns, answering the phone "No the paperwork hasn't come back yet -- 2 weeks plus!", and transferring guns with NOT DISAPPROVED.

I hope I can handle adding a couple pics -- at least I put my two S&W M&P's in my signature picture, Full size .40 and Shield .40 -- the Shield is all cleaned up and ready to load up and shoot!

Attachments

• 100_1793.jpg
      100_1793.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 217
    • 100_1794.jpg
      100_1794.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 217
    • two _guns.jpg
      two _guns.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 216

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I'm patient but it's a bit annoying now. No news from the 26th. Gonna start looking at the used market for a while until they get caught up.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    Well, I visited Bob at Gunrunners -- he's doing "land office" business -- crazy busy, non-stop filling out paperwork for new guns, answering the phone "No the paperwork hasn't come back yet -- 2 weeks plus!", and transferring guns with NOT DISAPPROVED.

I hope I can handle adding a couple pics -- at least I put my two S&W M&P's in my signature picture, Full size .40 and Shield .40 -- the Shield is all cleaned up and ready to load up and shoot!

i'm curious to see how you like the shield, and in .40 considering the reported issues, i've been wanting a 9mm shield, but if the .40 has no issues i may change my mind, plus depends on the fit of my hand, as i haven't held a shield yet, i have big hands so curious with it being a small gun how the grip is.

Dec 31, 2012
    Just curious , this is my first handgun purchase in MD but when they say their's a 7 day wait period does that mean 7 straight days (including weekends)? Also I have a friend from WV that says sometimes MSP will disapprove someone for no reason. How true is this? It would suck to have to wait this long and get disapproved.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    You think this is bad, what do you think will happen if we get a win in the 4th? Gun sales will rocket like you never seen it before. Wait times will go to 60+ days.

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You think this is bad what do you think will happen if we get a win in the 4th? Gun sales will rocket like you never seen it before. Wait times will go to 60+ days.

Ill take that trade. At least they'll be going up for a positive reason.

thartranft

Jan 13, 2013
    Laurel
    Good day everyone! New member, first time post.
    Just spoke with On Target and was told they are only receiving back paperwork from 12/24. I was 12/30, so I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer. Wishing I made this purchase a month ago when got it in my head...

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    A friend of mine bought a handgun from a private owner. They did the paperwork through MSP.
    MSP told the seller that if MSP didn't contact him in 7 days it was ok to release to the buyer.
    Then they will mail the paperwork to the seller for the buyer to sign and a copy goes to the buyer for their records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom