• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    The lawsuit would settle the wording AND the actual legality of an FFL being able to release the gun. If the state says they can release without the check being completed and the ATF says the same, on court record, FFLs would be free do just that. Saying they can, when the vast majority of THEM say they can't, is pointless and doesn't actually get anything DONE.

Ozzy

Jan 20, 2013
    Md
    It is about controlling how many guns you can purchase before the new law if it goes through in oct .If you believe anything else I have a bridge ill sell you.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Between you two, I really don't care who is right or wrong, I think a shell game is being had and players actually think it's funny. "open carry a rifle" - yeah right, as an armed guard sits outside their house right now at 12 midnight protecting them. And protecting them when they go out for State funded lunches at mid- day.

Or how about this; your CCW (your 1st handgun) is under shell #1, No? Try #3, still no?

But for the guy citing the grand Investigator, I do want to say, ever heard of a Police officer not bring familiar with a law and making something up on the spot?

Ever hear of someone misspeaking?

Or do you presume every law officer and inspector/investigator knows all the details of every statute, regulatory policy, investigative manual, and compliance guidance manual?

Last edited:

osterizer

Mar 9, 2013
    Back to the original question, though-- there are only two ways I have seen that get unjust laws fixed: a changing political climate that sees legislators repeal them, or a court that invalidates them. I don't think the former is a realistic strategy in Maryland myself, so we have to think the latter.

Is this the right issue? I don't know. In an ideal world, we'd file suits contesting every aspect of the new legislation, with top notch attorneys handling every one. We'd also have ample supplies of 5.56 :)

I'd be interested in helping with this, though while damaged, I don't think I have standing since I haven't tried to purchase a pistol (though finding a good example of a Colt NM .45 is still on my mind!). Please let me know if you (OP) go forward, if I might be able to help, but I think what appeals to me more is to work with NRA and other orgs to put together a real campaign in this state to head this stuff off. Passing legislation doesn't mean it's over; it means it's time to get started.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    YOu really do not understand and you will beleive what you want . Putting down and inspector is just a bs move . If i can I will get the inspectors info and you can discuss your findings with them . Or you cna call the ATF local office and have a chat with an inspector .

I do understand and I am not putting anyone down. I am merely stating the facts of the law. I don't expect you to believe everything you read on the internet (bon jour) so just go pull out one of the 4473's that the ATF gave you and read it - specifically page 2 questions 21 - 23 and pages 5 and 6 that have the instructions for filling out 21-23.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Ozzy, I don't doubt for a second that there are feet being dragged somewhere just for that reason. I also don't doubt that most people are doing the best they can.

For all the other arguments going on, aren't there enough other threads with them? While we are waiting to see if Teratos's little birdy was right, we can at least be talking about what to do if a group does nothing instead of turning this thread into another pointless argument.

jwhite407

Always Packing
    Jan 31, 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore
    I'm at 19 days and counting and ready to buy another one. But I'm held up because of having to wait another 7 from whenever I get this one... and I would be happy to be part of a class action.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I'm at 19 days and counting and ready to buy another one. But I'm held up because of having to wait another 7 from whenever I get this one... and I would be happy to be part of a class action.

I believe the 7 day wait is from date of purchase, not when you take it home with you. This is why those who aren't regulated firearms collectors in MD can buy their next gun on the 23rd day after their previous purchase (because the 7 day [I wish] wait on regulated firearms bumps you to day 30 which puts you in good standing with the one regulated firearm every 30 days rule).

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We despise the libs for using things like Sandy Hook to gain political points. I think the average Joe out there is getting weary of it too. I've seen a lot of people who were on the fence or didn't have an opinion in the past about guns come over to our side because of the way Sandy Hook was used and politicized. I don't want us to do the same thing and lose those people who are starting to see things our way.

No sale. Reporting facts is not exploitation. The Sandy hook incident was not reporting facts as none were to be had and they still went 24 x 7 .

The report is still not released and when it is it will be buried as it will likely not support the agenda.

If we want to win we must fight the battle we care in. Not the batlle we want to be in. Guns save more lives than they take.. period.

We are the good guys. Gun free zones increase risk ... etc.

If this is exploitation ..reporting facts. Then I am in. All in.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013

Don't you see part of the problem here?
    The more I read this forum, the more I see a bunch of folks just standing around the fax with their pending stockpiles just trying to butt ahead of the line of average folks. All the while they want the average folks to take a day off from work and go demonstrate.

A lawsuit will take years upon years. I just recently got a check from a settled suit against a credit card company. I think it was filed well over a half dozen years ago. Ask yourself if things have gotten better in DC after Heller. All that happens is that the government changes the law slightly and makes you go to court again. The right to have a firearm "in common use for lawful purposes" - Heller means absolutely nothing to the politicians in Maryland and those administrating their will.

The battle for the hearts and minds of gun owners could have been won starting back in January via the media. Consider the victories of gay marriage and the tuition for illegals: all minorities gaining victories through the media. Where is the media here? We got robo calls, emails and form letters from the NRA. This led to hoarding from gun enthusiasts and some demonstrations in Annapolis. But, this isn't the uprising from all the gun owners in Maryland who still have no idea what is going on.

We are two weeks away and ticking. Without a media blitz, kiss it all goodbye. This forum seems to be sinking to solely grousing, whining and "Eeyoring" (apologies to Winnie the Pooh) over multiple purchases and not protecting the rights of all.

It has nothing to do with patience. If I'm a law abiding citizen, I should not be forced to wait longer than the law states I have to. My friends in other states can purchase and leave with a handgun in 15 minutes, similar to a rifle or shotgun purchase here. To be forced to wait because the MSP cannot keep up..... Has this suit been started? Where can I get details?

Great post - you're reading my mind!

I got family in Alabama that buy their guns and walk out with them the same day. The only "wait" is the time it takes to fill out the paper work, do the instant background check, and wait for the credit card to clear. Now compare this to the libtard bullsh!t that for whatever reasons we put up with here in the People's Republic of Maryland and you can see why people are so frustrated. Now add the cost of a permit to buy (not carry)finger printing/fvcking and training if this bullsh!t bill passes...........just un-fvcking believable what the serfs here in Maryland will put up with......

This is exactly how I feel. Great post

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    All I am looking to see if there would be interest in getting a class action lawsuit together against the state over the wait time? I have seen it go from 7 days to 14 to 31 to now over 40 and waiting still. If I can get enough interest I am willing to fish the idea to a few law firms if they will do it on contingency. Not sure we will get any real money after the lawyers are paid and such because we don't have true damages but we could force them to delay any pending laws and change the current laws due to this.

The 7 wait in MD is a minimum time one must wait, not a maximum. Going over the 7 days wait time is not a law the MSP are breaking. If they are way to busy because everyone and their brother went out the same day to buy a gun, and you bring suit against the MSP because you do not like waiting, every court in the land will just laugh at you and your law suite.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I got family in Alabama that buy their guns and walk out with them the same day. The only "wait" is the time it takes to fill out the paper work, do the instant background check, and wait for the credit card to clear. Now compare this to the libtard bullsh!t that for whatever reasons we put up with here in the People's Republic of Maryland and you can see why people are so frustrated. Now add the cost of a permit to buy (not carry)finger printing/fvcking and training if this bullsh!t bill passes...........just un-fvcking believable what the serfs here in Maryland will put up with......

Great post. Make sure you still have this same passion come election day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom