• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    No, I've received two 8th day releases and then got the paperwork in the mail about 2-3 months later. The ND dates stamped on them for each were just a few days prior to me receiving the papers.

I assume these were for a private sale via an MSP barracks? I figured the firearms would not be registered until the MSP "NDs" the applications. I find it unlikely the MSP will inform all people who received 8th day firearms of their "NDs." I could be wrong.

BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    So, we're at or over 100 days at this point how high or how many days do you guys see this peaking at? I'm thinking close to 300 at this rate of ridiculousness.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In another post someone mentioned they were told the number of reviews had recently decreased due to the folks at the MSP having to go through a training class. With that being said, I wonder how many more classes these folks will have to attend before October 1st? I can see this being the cause for a much longer delay than we have seen in the past.

I hope I'm wrong,
    Jim Smith

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I will 100% guess an answer and say that by 4/1/2014 FFLs not releasing before an ND will still have stranded inventory of pre-Oct 1st firearms. So my guess is the peaking will be approx. 6 months (Oct thru Mar). I'm assuming here the MSP does not require HQL's to transfer a handgun purchased prior to Oct 1st. If they do require HQL's, I'm on your side of the 300 days guess--people will have to wait for ND's and HQL's. At this point people have to avoid like the plague buying a regulated firearm (handgun and semi-auto rifle) from an FFL who is waiting for O'Malley's state government to release it. It's their choice to wait, but it's your choice to shop there. Unfortunately many shoppers only learn they have a choice after the transaction, when they ask "when should I came back to pick it up?" When they learn the answer they go home, Google search on the subject and find this forum. If you know any prospective gun buyers, allert them.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Per the recording at MSP @ 410-653-4500 X8, initial review 4/14 & 4/15. Secondary review 4/8. I have a purchase at bASS pro, from 4/14. I just checked with them, nothing yet.

Side rant about bASS pro: While on the phone, I asked for the serial number for my property, to fill out a rebate form. They would not give me the number. They said I must come in to get that information.:mad54: I am over an hour away, and two tolls. If I rode down there, and waited for their exceptionally slow counter service to get the number, between gas and tolls, I would spend more than the rebate. They have very likely lost a regular customer, not just for firearms, over this. Rant over.

Last edited:
    @ 10 weeks until oct 1st
    at the current rate of adding 2 days a week to the backlog
    that's at least another 40 days
    im guessing 180 for peak
    buy on sept 30th, get sometime in april 2014

If you are guessing 180 day peek, than at 2 days average per week you are looking at 90 weeks for new orders. Almost 2 years. I wonder what the FFL are telling customers making new purchases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom