• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADCecil

May 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    so as a first time buyer waiting 63 days until now I figure that I'll have my first purchase b4 Oct 1st. Which also means that a second purchase can come after Oct. 1st but I do not have to get any training, classes or licenses even though it will be released after the cut :-)

For the purchase after October 1, or more accurately, for any purchase transferred after October 1, you will need the HQL license. But not the training to get the License - fingerprints will still apply.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    so as a first time buyer waiting 63 days until now I figure that I'll have my first purchase b4 Oct 1st. Which also means that a second purchase can come after Oct. 1st but I do not have to get any training, classes or licenses even though it will be released after the cut :-)

Since you will have one purchase in before Oct 1st you wont have to do the training but if you will have to be figured printed / get the BS card. No one is 100% sure but many people seem to believe you will need the card to pickup after 10/1/2013.

Thanks
    Robert

freddie

Mar 20, 2013

That is my reading of it as well - date of purchase not in your hands date

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    my purchase was on the 4/13 as well. I hope that means I will be getting a call soon, but doubt it:envy:

Mine was 4/1 but my FFL was kind enough not to send it in until 4/16. Looks like we may be there around the same time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why are we all waiting if we WON the law suit? Why can't we all drive to our gun dealers and pick up our guns that have been held hostage for so long?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but what exactly did we win?

MD2VANOW

Jun 4, 2013
    Mechanicsville
    Just got off the phone with MSP. My 4/4 application went in further review on 6/22. They are currently processing 4/5-4/6 for first reviews and 3/24 for secondary reviews. Any of you mathematicians have any estimates on how long my review will take?

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    Day 70 for me... Interesting that a 4/13 got their ND already. I just heard they were on 4/5 and 4/6 yesterday or wed. That person just get lucky or are they actually speeding up the process?

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Just got off the phone with MSP. My 4/4 application went in further review on 6/22. They are currently processing 4/5-4/6 for first reviews and 3/24 for secondary reviews. Any of you mathematicians have any estimates on how long my review will take?

What number did you call? When I called the trooper stated he couldn't help me other then telling me what dates they are on

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Well, my 3/18 that was put into the further delay pile was ND on 6/12. So they have moved 6 days into the further delay pile in 15 days. Using a crawl rate of 6/15 or 2/5, meaning they get through about 2 days of apps for every 5 days, for them to advance 11 days should take about 27 days. Looks like about 7/25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom