• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He wasn't in compliance with either FOPA or Md 4-203. so he's really exposed. How many times has it been repeated here on not giving LE a reason to stop you while transporting a firearm?

He won the stupid games grand prize.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The poor fool probably thought the 2nd Amendment actually protected his right to keep and bear arms.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe they misspelled his name and it was Maxwell Smart.

Attachments

• max.jpg
      max.jpg
      7.4 KB · Views: 298

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Can of wasp spray may be the fix.

I gotta get the pepper off of my wife's key chain. This is completely beyond stupidity. Sprays are the single best non lethal weapons for a woman!

Pepper Spray in and of itself is NOT illegal it becomes illegal if you carry it with INTENT to do wrong. Carried for self defense you are fine throughout most of MD (there may be a few odd ball towns outlawing it).

thai

May 8, 2013
    Pepper Spray in and of itself is NOT illegal it becomes illegal if you carry it with INTENT to do wrong. Carried for self defense you are fine throughout most of MD (there may be a few odd ball towns outlawing it).

Thanks. So...

But carrying and using it for self defense in and an attack will not cause you t be charge with carrying a dangerous weapon?

These laws are so stupid, I have been hunting and owning firearms for 20 years and I still feel like I know nothing at times!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    That's what I'm thinking also (from the OP,AK type and assault pistol roster vio.)

It appears, to me, that CJIS has not updated the charging codes since the changes to 4.303 went into effect after FSA 2013. While assault pistols are still referenced, there is additional verbiage where the pistol violations were changed to generic assault weapons violations.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I gotta get the pepper off of my wife's key chain. This is completely beyond stupidity. Sprays are the single best non lethal weapons for a woman!

(1) A person may not wear or carry a dangerous weapon of any kind concealed on or about the person.

(2) A person may not wear or carry a dangerous weapon, chemical mace, pepper mace, or a tear gas device openly with the intent or purpose of injuring an individual in an unlawful manner.

TL;DR: Open carry is fine. Just don't go waving it around at someone who is not directly threatening you.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    It appears, to me, that CJIS has not updated the charging codes since the changes to 4.303 went into effect after FSA 2013. While assault pistols are still referenced, there is additional verbiage where the pistol violations were changed to generic assault weapons violations.

Which is why this should be followed closely. For those with "banned" weapons either purchased before moving here, built at home, or any other legal acquisition that resulted in not having your firearm recorded with the communist republik of Marylandistan.

What happens when they for some reason come to know of it's existence (traffic stop, officer at a range, fill in the blank)? Are you then charged with 4.303 as mr. Dumbass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom