• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Frosh must be chomping at the bit for political points by way of shining example, hence the high bail.

:omg:

Don't you get it???

Those two insurrectionists were making military style weapons of war that couldn't possibly serve any other purpose than the overthrow of the gooberment. :rolleyes:

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    $1,000,000 is insane. And what law is broken that results in "DETACH MAG OVER 10 RNDS"?

§ 4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited

(a) Scope of section. -- This section does not apply to:

(1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or

(2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State.

(b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    § 4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited

(a) Scope of section. -- This section does not apply to:

(1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or

(2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State.

(b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Thanks. From the charges in case search, it wasn't clear that it was a sale/transfer violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks. From the charges in case search, it wasn't clear that it was a sale/transfer violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The titles given to charges are just general terms that describe something about the charge. Yeah, it's pretty stupid. If you're feeling bored, feel free to check out the District Court Commissioner's Charging Document Language. That's where you'll find all the abbreviated charge titles.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I sat through one of MSP's Gun Center information classes just to see what would be said. When we were told you couldn't build a AR other than a Hbar I asked him to clarify on lowers purchased prior to the FSA. The head of the center explained that a lower that was bought before the FSA became effective can still be build into a light profile barrel.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Kinda freaky. I actually went to High School with Schumaker. Never talked to him or anything though. A friend of mine who was a nearby neighbor of his said he heard him shooting all the time in his backyard.

Even freakier that all this happened literally right down the road from where I live.

Dillinger

Mar 22, 2011
    Carroll County
    Drugs aside...Schumaker screwed up when he sold two hand built guns without an FFL inside MD. If the news is to be believed he actually touted that they were untraceable to the police (at least that's the clip they showed on WBAL the other night).

On the DETACH MAG OVER 10 RNDS charge. If you look up the CJIS code for that one you will see it is actually 3 5255 - ASSAULT PISTOL ROSTER VIO.

6t5Goat

Jul 5, 2013
    Is it safe to assume, MSP will not be breaking down doors of people who legally purchased complete lowers to add to pre FLA lowers?

Feb 28, 2013
    Is it safe to assume, MSP will not be breaking down doors of people who legally purchased complete lowers to add to pre FLA lowers?

Keep your nose clean otherwise, and basically don't go around carrying a sign advertising whatever you did for the world to see, and any chances of such issues will likely be nil. :)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's not how it works.

d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member