MSP is blowing smoke about the waiting period. 7 day wait meets the feds requirements

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Ask the dealer for the mags when you pay for the weapon and submit the paperwork. If a law is apassed before a pickup occurs then yes, it would be a no-go/

That's how the PA dealers that are in the know handle the sale of any AR type gun that comes with a 30 round mag to anyone in Maryland. They know they can sell the rifles to Maryland residents, they just can't send the rifle to the MD FFL with the 30 round mag with the rifles. The PA FFL hands the customer the mag so they can bring the mag into Maryland.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I had the FFL send the 30 Round Pmag to my parents house in Pa. I will pick it up this weekend when I go home for my moms birthday. It seems like no dealer has ever had an issue with me sending 30 round mags there. I really hope that this is the week I get a call from the FFL saying the paperwork is done and back. Currently on day 18 out of 7 but who's counting?

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    In Texas, with your CHL, all you do is show your CHL, fill out the 4473, and walk out the door with your firearm (rifle, handgun, or shotgun). No NICS.

It's that simple.

M

same in FL for all types of firearms other than NFA

Papi4baby

WWJBD
    May 10, 2009
    California
    after the 7th day call a lawyer up, have him read over the paper and if he feels like it should be handed over on the 7th day, drive to the dealer and see what the hold up is. Then i would say you might have a case. If you willing to pay for the lawyer

Good luck with that.

If i was an FFL and you bring a lawyer into my shop i tell you to find a new FFL to process your app.

In other news, has anyone try to contact state "law" makers to do something about the wait?

mallow

Pro-2A
    Dec 11, 2011
    Harford County
    Good luck with that.

If i was an FFL and you bring a lawyer into my shop i tell you to find a new FFL to process your app.

In other news, has anyone try to contact state "law" makers to do something about the wait?

I ask Sen. Nancy Jacobs (who is largely pro-2A)...but she basically said she's stuck waiting for her new gun too :tdown:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Congrats, hopefully mine is coming in any day. I do have a clearance so I expect some additional delays which have been the case in the past. This has been the longest two weeks of my life, I have been searching for this rifle for about 3 months and when I finally get it, all this shit goes down.

I would think having a clearance would speed things up?

Sinnerman

Sinnerman
    Feb 23, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Calling to check after 3 weeks...

..I am new to the state, new to the FFL, and first handgun purchase ever, and I just wanted to know the best way to go about making a call to the FFL to check in the status...obviously, I am not planning on being out of line in asking...just want to keep a good relationship, that's all.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    ..I am new to the state, new to the FFL, and first handgun purchase ever, and I just wanted to know the best way to go about making a call to the FFL to check in the status...obviously, I am not planning on being out of line in asking...just want to keep a good relationship, that's all.

how long have you been waiting?

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD

MSP has been running right about 30ish days behind, if you havent heard anything on day 31, call away

your FFL will have a good idea on how far behind MSP is based on the paperwork they have received just recently just by looking at all the dates on the forms, and a GOOD FFL will call you as soon as it comes in anyway, remember your purchase is taking up valuable room in their safe for 30 days while there could be inventory for paying customers in that spot

M4MD

Sep 14, 2012
    I think most of us know this and understand the ffl's side. So we are patient for a2/3 week wait because msp is swamped. No big deal. No big conspiracy.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

2-3 weeks? I just got off the phone with A&D about a purchase from 1/25/13 and they still won't release the firearm. Said MSP has only gotten them approvals thru 1/21/13. During this time frame I've gotten my designated collector status approved by MSP, but I still can't pick up my stripped lower. It's been over a month.

I'm upset, I didn't care too much two weeks ago but this is ridiculous. Conspiracy or not I should have my stuff by now.

Sinnerman

Sinnerman
    Feb 23, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    It has been 3 weeks, which they told me it would be three weesk, and it doesn't seem like the backlog is clearing up, so I just didn't know if calling to check would be out of line.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    MSP has been running right about 30ish days behind, if you havent heard anything on day 31, call away

your FFL will have a good idea on how far behind MSP is based on the paperwork they have received just recently just by looking at all the dates on the forms, and a GOOD FFL will call you as soon as it comes in anyway, remember your purchase is taking up valuable room in their safe for 30 days while there could be inventory for paying customers in that spot

If they have inventory to sell.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Well if your dealing with a decent FFL you just call and show they the same respect as you would want someone to show you. If they are someone I would want to deal with they will not mind checking out their paperwork and letting you know. If they have a hard time about it why would you care or want to ever deal with them again. It will give you an opportunity to see how they treat their customers.

Under normal time anytime after 7 days I would say give them a call. From what I'm hearing and reading it looks like 28-30 days is a good time to call.

I can only assume you did not pay for your gun in full. So when your paperwork comes in they will be calling you so you will bring the rest of the money. It not as if your paperwork will be their for days and they will forget to call you.

They may not call you the very moment they see your paperwork, but they will call you that same day I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom