• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Mailed Mod Form 8/6 - Check cleared 8/15 - Permit mailed 8/22 & received 8/24.

I'm thankful that the ambiguity is gone and I don't have to prove that I'm "conducting business" or being "actively engaged in security" everywhere I go. :)

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Mailed Mod Form 8/6 - Check cleared 8/15 - Permit mailed 8/22 & received 8/24.

I'm thankful that the ambiguity is gone and I don't have to prove that I'm "conducting business" or being "actively engaged in security" everywhere I go. :)

What kind of pisses me off is how "surprised" that MSPld was at all the requests for modifications. I mean seriously, they knew that there was a change from an ' administrative ' punishment for running afoul of your restrictions to a ' criminal ' one. It was bad enough that the restrictions were nebulous, but when we were now facing criminal charges for violating those restrictions, who wouldn't want a modification!:facepalm:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I’m hearing the decision was possibly made as some political infighting. Sounds right to me for many reasons. Hogan has, in the past, been known to be fiscally responsible (overtime $ as mentioned) so maybe ass kissing or, as some may recall, a previous Trooper tossed to the LD for some reason (retaliation?), similar to being transferred to a Siberian outpost, so payback ?

All conjecture however. Congrats to those involved!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m hearing the decision was possibly made as some political infighting. Sounds right to me for many reasons. Hogan has, in the past, been known to be fiscally responsible (overtime $ as mentioned) so maybe ass kissing or, as some may recall, a previous Trooper tossed to the LD for some reason (retaliation?), similar to being transferred to a Siberian outpost, so payback ?

We know something happened , i was just playing it in my mind as to what happened and i would say they could not hold their finger in the dike and they were maybe worried about court ?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    We know something happened , i was just playing it in my mind as to what happened and i would say they could not hold their finger in the dike and they were maybe worried about court ?

Yes, I like that a lot and I believe they should still worry on that front. ?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Maybe the new hrpb chairman , "the judge" went to larry and advocated for this change. Since maybe he could somewhat articulate a legal reasoning for it and him having authority to do it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Still not free here.

Tin foil hat time, I wonder if Froshole is yanking some MSP chains to slow down issuance under the new guidelines, after finding out about the change.

Frogs is not telling them to slow mods on permits, that’s some serious tin foil hattery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County

The troopers wanted the change for a while. Many of them didn’t agree with the restrictions. However, “they were following orders.” They actually are the ones who lobbied for the removal.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The troopers wanted the change for a while. Many of them didn’t agree with the restrictions. However, “they were following orders.” They actually are the ones who lobbied for the removal.

For some reason that just does not set well with me , during my OAH they fought like hell to keep me from getting my restrictions removed .

Every argument my attorney made they battled back with vigor . Just makes no sense . If i did not agree with the message i sure in hell would not fight like my life depended on it .

Just my opinion

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    For some reason that just does not set well with me , during my OAH they fought like hell to keep me from getting my restrictions removed .

Every argument my attorney made they battled back with vigor . Just makes no sense . If i did not agree with the message i sure in hell would not fight like my life depended on it .

Just my opinion

I concur. My personal experience with the Troopers at the licensing division was that they were there because they were true believers, citizens not having carry permits. Let's not forget our favorite Trooper, Knaub! "What have you done to deserve a permit?"

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    mailed in on the 8th and my wife's on the 12th, checks cleared the 26th, got Phone call from a nice young lady that our upcoming hearings have been canceled due to MSP sending out new permits with restrictions removed. Expect to get them in the next day or two.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    It took me 17 days from receipt of my request to permit in hand. I had at least 150 people ahead of me. You probably have 800 or so ahead of you. So probably closer to the 45-day mark for you, unfortunately.

Cashed my check today, so hopefully another week or so.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Think of the money they could save/make if they went shall issue......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Including in-state vacation time. There are folks who have decided it's better to do so in PA or VA solely because they can exercise self-protection there. That adds up to lots of $$$.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    mailed in on the 8th and my wife's on the 12th, checks cleared the 26th, got Phone call from a nice young lady that our upcoming hearings have been canceled due to MSP sending out new permits with restrictions removed. Expect to get them in the next day or two.
    Cashed my check today, so hopefully another week or so.

Permits arrive 10 days from check cash. andy41567 your's might arrive earlier due to the fact you were in the HGRP pipeline.

Sign up for USPS informed delivery, it's free and you will see your MSP letter before it arrives. It takes (3) business days after you sign up for informed delivery before you start to see images of your mail.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Maybe the new hrpb chairman , "the judge" went to larry and advocated for this change. Since maybe he could somewhat articulate a legal reasoning for it and him having authority to do it.

No offense, but Judge Smails couldn't find his ass with two hands and a map.

After seeing him in action and speaking with him after the meetings I was stunned that he didn't actually sit on the 9th Circuit. This guy is enamored by government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom