• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If the MSP hadn't invented these ******** restrictions they wouldn't be rushing around fixing all these permits. They brought it on themselves. I suppose they will be bitching and moaning about the workload if/when Md goes shall issue. No sympathy then either.

If the state's attorney general and the MSP leadership hadn't done so, then the poor schlumps who work there wouldn't have to deal with it. Some guy who sits at a desk processing paperwork while being constantly interrupted with phone calls isn't the guy who caused the problem. But he's the guy whose uninterrupted workflow will get these revised permits out the door faster. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, the political class that runs the MSP (that is, effectively the AGs office and one Assistant particular) are the ones that invented things.

The individual troopers are caught in between and just trying to do their job. The political class is not actually printing the new cards.

When you call up to pester the MSP you are not pressuring any of the people who invented this nonsense, simply irritating the individual troopers inundated with new paperwork.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    If the state's attorney general and the MSP leadership hadn't done so, then the poor schlumps who work there wouldn't have to deal with it.

Well, the political class that runs the MSP (that is, effectively the AGs office and one Assistant particular) are the ones that invented things.

The individual troopers are caught in between and just trying to do their job. The political class is not actually printing the new cards.

When you call up to pester the MSP you are not pressuring any of the people who invented this nonsense, simply irritating the individual troopers inundated with new paperwork.

Did you guys forget about Cpl. A. Knaub-?? His famous quote "what have you done to deserve a permit?" referring to those of you who are NOT business owners. So with all due respect, there is a culture in that organization who mostly all drink the same cool-aid. Citizens with guns, BAD! In fact, the lady who took my application was making it very clear with her snarky comments to me that SHE didn't like the idea of permits to the average citizen.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yeah , and you pester them with frequent phone calls on when your new permit will arrive . They will ask your name and then your paperwork goes to the bottom of the pile . If you are saying these MSP-LD officers are this way then calling them won't make a difference . IMHO

I am not calling and bugging them , and it still won't make a difference . So what is the point , call them and nothing happens or not call them and nothing happens . Just be calm and relax .

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Yeah , and you pester them with frequent phone calls on when your new permit will arrive . They will ask your name and then your paperwork goes to the bottom of the pile . If you are saying these MSP-LD officers are this way then calling them won't make a difference . IMHO

I am not calling and bugging them , and it still won't make a difference . So what is the point , call them and nothing happens or not call them and nothing happens . Just be calm and relax .

First off, my calling my public servant ISN'T pestering! "They will ask your name, and then your paperwork goes to the bottom of the pile." So you are making my point for me, unprofessional and biased against gun owners/carriers.

You have forgotten about that organizations BALTENT law-breaking back in 2013 and their strong-arming law-abiding FFL's business owners from following the law?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Did you guys forget about Cpl. A. Knaub-?? His famous quote "what have you done to deserve a permit?" referring to those of you who are NOT business owners. So with all due respect, there is a culture in that organization who mostly all drink the same cool-aid. Citizens with guns, BAD! In fact, the lady who took my application was making it very clear with her snarky comments to me that SHE didn't like the idea of permits to the average citizen.

I think more then likely we are on the same page on the MSP-LD , but the above you stated you don't care for them from past issues .

I am merely saying if you think they are ass-hats as you posted here and above , then why do you think you are going to all the sudden flip them to do what you want .

What I am saying is they are not my favorite folks , and I don't trust them as a whole , so any call I would make does not make any difference .

If I don't make a call it won't help and if I do make a call it won't help .
    The best thing to do is chill-out and relax and it will come your way when it comes your way .
    Nothing is going to make the process happen any faster IMHO .

Remember we are on the same team , I am not arguing with you I am explaining a position I believe is correct , all the best . :thumbsup:

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    If the MSPld remain consistent, you, me and divingraven should receive ours Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Gliderkit1 mailed his on the 5th, was in the system Aug 6th, his check cleared Aug 9th(4 days), he received his permit Aug 14th.
    sb22 was in the system Aug 6th and his checked cleared Aug 9th(4 days). He picked his up in person, so he saved the extra waiting time. He also got in the first day, so that helps:)

I was in the system on Aug 7th, Check cleared Aug 14th(5 days).

divingraven mailed Aug 6th, in the system Aug 7th. I assume his check cleared around the 14th.(5 days)
    br3krj mailed Aug 9th, System Aug 12th, check cleared Aug 16th(5 days)

It's been taking aprox (5) business days from being in the system to when the check is cleared for those of us who entered the system after the first day (Aug 6th).

No joy in my mailbox today. Maybe soon.

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    Update....not really. Delivered mod application on 8/7 to Pikesville- email for an update on 8/14 and response was that hadn’t received...hmmmm. Check posted to my account on 8/15. Nothing as of yet in the mailbox

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Has it been said who initiated this change on restrictions?
    worried that applying at this point may take quite a while to get one if approved. Kudos to those with the patience for .gov time lines.

RolfeJr

Oct 23, 2018
    Mailed in 8/7
    Stevi called 8/21 as we were in the review process queue
    All good.
    Waiting patiently.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Go ahead and apply, up to 90 days no matter when you apply.

I’m thinking many will be applying.

I called the LD yesterday with a question unrelated to business owners , my call was screened, and no wait at all, officer was down to earth and pleasant. FWIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom