• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Tim - thank you for documenting and sharing this experience. Certainly was a trying effort and I'm glad you now have your permit

---
    Shamr0ck

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Thank you Tim for fighting the long battle. This war is not over and your recon efforts should not go without them. Congrats. Wear it proud.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Thanks Tim for all of the effort you put in keeping the rest of us up to date on your process. It gives an "inside look" at how they seem to operate.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Way to go Tim, congratulations.
    I would like for you to be my realtor. I have no idea what I want or where I'd like to move so if you didn't mind, every time you leave the house could you just be on the lookout for a property for me? Anywhere, any size, any price. Thank you. :)

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Way to go Tim, congratulations.
    I would like for you to be my realtor. I have no idea what I want or where I'd like to move so if you didn't mind, every time you leave the house could you just be on the lookout for a property for me? Anywhere, any size, any price. Thank you. :)

:lol::thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Guess I should be requesting a modification of my restrictions. I included a copy of my RE license, it was ignored, they only mention rental properties and another corporation I own.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Guess I should be requesting a modification of my restrictions. I included a copy of my RE license, it was ignored, they only mention rental properties and another corporation I own.

:thumbsup:

Precedent is being set every time someone fights. Go at them!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    speaking of precedent, did you happen to ask them about the 233 other self employed real estate agents with permits in md, and how they qualified?

In fact I did. The answer was that the statistics I requested and received are just numbers categorized by occupation. The 233 other realtors must have had another reason for their permit and not the fact that they were realtors. Sounds plausible, right? Ha ha ha

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Well done. Very happy your persistence has prevailed. I am honestly thinking about registering an LLC for the sole purpose of applying to carry. Just gotta come up with something that is plausible.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    UPDATE 2 OF 2:

There was no additional information provided by my broker. The only additional document I provided was a copy of my current real estate certificate as the one I had proved to my interviewing trooper was an expired wallet card.

You know you are supposed to keep your current wallet card on you at all times. :innocent0

Is your expiration tied to your RE License expiration date? What if you stop being a RE agent, could you still carry?

Congrats. :thumbsup:

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Congrats Tim!

Have a smart phone? Then you are ALWAYS taking part in a real estate transaction. Mic Drop.

Thank you so much for fighting hard and cracking that door open like you have. Each battle won builds upon the next.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    You know you are supposed to keep your current wallet card on you at all times. :innocent0

Is your expiration tied to your RE License expiration date? What if you stop being a RE agent, could you still carry?

Congrats. :thumbsup:

No, my permit exp date has nothing to do with my re license.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

It's so ironic that concealed carry permits in MD are issued to defend property/a business (for which the use of deadly force usually wouldn't be warranted), yet not for the defense of a life (for which it is). I wish every voter/politician in the state could sit back and reflect on that for a bit...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    What is really ridiculous is the notion that you can be trusted to carry while performing an approved job but are somehow less trustworthy at other times. Restrictions are bullchit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom