• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    Christ Soldier really screwed us. You should have had yours by they end of April and I should have had mine the first or second week of May. It's starting to look like we won't get ours until June. I'm going to have a few choice words for them when I do finally pick mine up.

Agreed. My paperwork was filled out 2/16 so I been waiting a total of almost 100 days.. His hours are a bit hard to work with too. Today is the last day he is open this week, so if no call today Tuesday would be the earliest possible pick up date. Purchased a sig p238 from Continental 5/13 which I don't expect to see for a while, but they faxed the app to MSP in front of me. All I want is my 1911 so I can shoot it over the holiday weekend :sad20:

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Why stop at Christian Soldier? How about Muslim soldier gunshop?, or Jewish Soldier Arms?, African-American Soldier Weapons? WTF were they thinking.....

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    So I called the MSP today. I'm not disapproved! I've been not disapproved since 5/16. :rolleyes:

App date: 3/12
    Fax date: ???
    MSP received: 3/15
    ND: 5/16
    Emailed MSP: 5/20
    Called MSP: 5/23 was told ND on 5/16
    Received reply email from MSP: 2 hours after calling.

FFL received fax: TBD - called and left message, the FFL wasn't there.

Total time so far: 72 friggin days. Hopefully my FFL has a fax waiting for him when he comes back in. Will pick up tomorrow if so.

Sorry, I forgot to ask what their dates were for reviews. I was too excited and too busy looking up my FFL's number.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    I just received an email from MSP saying that once paperwork is finalized they will inform ffl's they can release after X amount of days. Doesn't the law already say that?!?!

Secondisours

Feb 6, 2013
    So I called the MSP today. I'm not disapproved! I've been not disapproved since 5/16. :rolleyes:

App date: 3/12
    Fax date: ???
    MSP received: 3/15
    ND: 5/16
    Emailed MSP: 5/20
    Called MSP: 5/23 was told ND on 5/16
    Received reply email from MSP: 2 hours after calling.

FFL received fax: TBD - called and left message, the FFL wasn't there.

Total time so far: 72 friggin days. Hopefully my FFL has a fax waiting for him when he comes back in. Will pick up tomorrow if so.

Sorry, I forgot to ask what their dates were for reviews. I was too excited and too busy looking up my FFL's number.

Who did you call? Brock?

RedBaron1

Feb 12, 2012
    MSP out of office today. Office Closed tomorrow and Monday. They'll resume reviews on Tuesday 5/28. I asked them to take their time with the applications and not to rush. It's been humid out, I suggested they take Tuesday off and go to Rita's. (My overall goal is to see If I can cause it to be snowing when Scarab finally gets phone call) LOL

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    MSP out of office today. Office Closed tomorrow and Monday. They'll resume reviews on Tuesday 5/28. I asked them to take their time with the applications and not to rush. It's been humid out, I suggested they take Tuesday off and go to Rita's. (My overall goal is to see If I can cause it to be snowing when Scarab finally gets phone call) LOL

You guys are so mean to Scarab:innocent0:innocent0

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    so even thought msp is processing 21/7, they are off for friday through monday?

4 more day setback

whil ei think they deserve time with thier family. they also need to get it together and process within 7 days

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013

So they get a 5 day weekend while they just make us wait some more. Glad to see they care about the people who pay their salaries. How did u find out they won't be doing reviews til Tuesday?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    MSP out of office today. ... I suggested they take Tuesday off and go to Rita's. (My overall goal is to see If I can cause it to be snowing when Scarab finally gets phone call) LOL

I'm enjoying the bawl busting... I hope Scarab has thick skin... and switches to Decaf...:innocent0

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD

I think it may be snowing when I get my call WITHOUT your "help". The MSP seem to be doing "just fine" with that on their own....

Scarab :mad54:

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Who did you call? Brock?

I assume so. I didn't ask for a name, as I was trying to keep the call as short as possible. She was helpful and courteous, so I assume it was. I called 410 653 4500 option 1 then option 1. Option 4 is for CCW permits, so maybe that's why so many people get thrown off or get an answering machine.

So my pickup is scheduled for tomorrow. I'm finally out of the running (only to go back in when I find a .45 I like).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom