• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrimsonJer

Apr 4, 2013
    Ferndale
    I see everyone getting their calls to pick up as I patiently wait for a 2/28 purchase and as people collect their property at dates close to mine I realize something. Those people are getting complete guns. Mine is just a dumb stripped lower with a scarce market to build it up with. :( lol

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    You may want to show this to your FFL......sun is starting to come up!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=20

That one works, thanks. So if this is the law, and the FFLs releasing after the 7 days is covered as lawful, then exactly what is their reasoning for waiting so long? They can't be held accountable according to the law at least as I understand it. It would seem they're covering their asses for nothing.

We then come back to the "May" wording issue. The FFL "may" issue after 7 days. Not "shall" issue. It is completely up to the FFL. Most of the FFLs are choosing to err on the cautious side. Maybe if the FFLs were the PoC for the NICS check, but Maryland required additional checks, they would be more willing to release early (or on time, depending on perspective). But it appears that most FFLs are not releasing due to the fact that they have no idea if the person they are releasing to is qualified to own a firearm. Some FFLs are releasing to people who have had a purchase with them in the past, so they have a record of them being not disapproved. That's still a little risky to them, but at least it's a much more calculated risk with a much lower chance of blowing up in their face.

And just because the FFLs wouldn't be held liable for any damages done by an unstable person getting a firearm without a full background check being completed doesn't mean there would be no consequences of doing so. Maryland could simply refuse to renew their license after their current one expires. The state is not required to renew. So even though the FFL is not liable for any damages, they can still be shut down because the State of Maryland has a reason to not renew them. Remember that while FFL stands for "Federal Firearms License", they need a license to sell in MD that is issued by MD. MD can't invalidate the FFL, but they can make it so the FFL can't sell in MD.

The wait sucks. I'm in the queue, too. I just don't see FFLs rolling the dice, even if the ATF says it's OK. They still have to answer to MD.

I see everyone getting their calls to pick up as I patiently wait for a 2/28 purchase and as people collect their property at dates close to mine I realize something. Those people are getting complete guns. Mine is just a dumb stripped lower with a scarce market to build it up with. :( lol

I have a lower in the queue, too, but I'm not worried about it. Most people just buy complete guns, but there are a number of people I've seen who have posted here that they finally got their lower approved. Start looking for uppers, magazines, optics, stocks, tubes, fire control assemblies, etc. It helps dull the pain (although I have everything but my lower at this point :rolleyes:)

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    For the information of the forum members from the MSP at 8:20 am today:

Good morning, your application was forwarded to us on March 14, 2013 and we are currently processing applications dated March 5th for individuals that do not require a second review. Applications placed on review requires a sworn member to clear them for the weapon purchase and they are currently processing applications dated February 22nd.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Good morning, your application was forwarded to us on March 14, 2013 and we are currently processing applications dated March 5th for individuals that do not require a second review. Applications placed on review requires a sworn member to clear them for the weapon purchase and they are currently processing applications dated February 22nd.
    Of course now I'm curious if that means the applications were filled out 2/22, or recieved by MSP 2/22.

I did paperwork 2/22, but it was faxed 2/25. After this long, what's a few more days, er, weeks. :sad20:

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Of course now I'm curious if that means the applications were filled out 2/22, or recieved by MSP 2/22.

I did paperwork 2/22, but it was faxed 2/25. After this long, what's a few more days, er, weeks. :sad20:

That would be the fax date, not your paperwork date.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

I picked up a 3/5 appliation date yesterday. Maybe you are in review?

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster

10 more days of applications (so probably 2 weeks) to find out if I'm in review or not :sad20:

Chasenificent

Designated Collector
    Jul 28, 2011
    Hagerstown MD
    Sent an email asking about status of an application from 2/22....got this response:

Good morning, your application should completed by the Friday, the sworn members are currently processing February 22nd.

Hope this holds up.Its been forever.

QuikDrw

gun nut
    Feb 20, 2013
    Harford county
    Sent an email asking about status of an application from 2/22....got this response:

Good morning, your application should completed by the Friday, the sworn members are currently processing February 22nd.

Hope this holds up.Its been forever.
    Mine was on 2/25. If they are doing 2/22, I shouldn't have long to wait.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Hey guys....here is a quick note I posted on the other MSP wait time thread
    A&D PAWN & GUN in Glen Burnie MD.
    I Love that place. The salesmen are all decent. I feel they know what they sell. And are HONEST.....their prices aren't super low. They'll admit that.
    THAT BEING SAID.....
    IF you buy a gun from them. And begin the wonderful 2 MONTH OR MORE WAIT. For your MSP 7 day wait/background check to take place.
    Keep in mind. A&D WILL NOT CALL YOU. When your app. Gets back and you can pick up your gun. You have to constantly...every day... Call them and ask. Over and over. I am SO BOTHERED BY THIS!!!!!
    I have given these guys THOUSANDS!!!
    I always pay up front...but they refuse to call their customers when their app comes back. ...Is this how other dealers work?....I'm tempted to go elsewhere.
    One time I called, and my "not disapproved" had been there for 3 days.
    So keep this in mind.
    Frankly. It's the ONLY. Bad thing about that place. Other than that , I have no complaints. Why can't they just call their customer and leave a message? Once at least right when the app gets faxed back?

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Hey guys....here is a quick note I posted on the other MSP wait time thread
    A&D PAWN & GUN in Glen Burnie MD.
    I Love that place. The salesmen are all decent. I feel they know what they sell. And are HONEST.....their prices aren't super low. They'll admit that.
    THAT BEING SAID.....
    IF you buy a gun from them. And begin the wonderful 2 MONTH OR MORE WAIT. For your MSP 7 day wait/background check to take place.
    Keep in mind. A&D WILL NOT CALL YOU. When your app. Gets back and you can pick up your gun. You have to constantly...every day... Call them and ask. Over and over. I am SO BOTHERED BY THIS!!!!!
    I have given these guys THOUSANDS!!!
    I always pay up front...but they refuse to call their customers when their app comes back. ...Is this how other dealers work?....I'm tempted to go elsewhere.
    One time I called, and my "not disapproved" had been there for 3 days.
    So keep this in mind.
    Frankly. It's the ONLY. Bad thing about that place. Other than that , I have no complaints. Why can't they just call their customer and leave a message? Once at least right when the app gets faxed back?

The FFL I am dealing with is the same way and straight up told me they dont call customers.

Chasenificent

Designated Collector
    Jul 28, 2011
    Hagerstown MD
    Well that's a ****ed up way to do business. The FFL I work with calls and also tolerates the numbers if emails I send asking "is my app back?" With wait time as bad as it is the courtesy call is a nice touch to keep regulars coming back. Shout out to Hafers Gun Shop!

CrimsonJer

Apr 4, 2013
    Ferndale
    The FFL I am dealing with is the same way and straight up told me they dont call customers.

Same with mine, Accurate Pawn and Gun in Elkridge. Gus is a good guy, and I'm pretty sure he's doing a ton of sales and sitting on a ton (probably literally) of sold inventory that he can't release until he gets the paperwork back. I've been using this thread and calling MSP directly for updates on what dates they're working on. It's not like my paperwork is going to magically get bumped ahead of everyone else by a few days, so I'm not gonna bug Gus about it.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Well that's a ****ed up way to do business. The FFL I work with calls and also tolerates the numbers if emails I send asking "is my app back?" With wait time as bad as it is the courtesy call is a nice touch to keep regulars coming back. Shout out to Hafers Gun Shop!

Yeah.....well I actually stopped back in there yesterday and said . " Listen, can you just call me. As soon as it comes in? I don't wanna keep bugging you guys by calling every day "( really I meant...I DON'T WANNA CALL YOU EVERY DAY) he said" oh you aren't bothering me....we have so many names back there. Just call us" ..... I even had myself thinking...ok....sure...then...all of a sudden like an electric shock....NO !!...THIS IS BULLSH&$@!!!!!......So if I call at Noon...and the fax comes across at 1 pm....I won't know until NOON the next day when I call..... Yeah this is just a crappy way to conduct business...and I know ...believe me I know it's a SELLERS MARKET right now but I think I'm going elsewhere. And I'm gonna let those guys know why I won't be spending my money there anymore when I pick up the 2 purchases I have coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom