• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    ugh I really want to buy another pistol right now, but as I said before I really dont want to deal with putting all my money out at once and waiting another 45 days again.... crossing my fingers I find what I want in a dealer with only 20% down, or if by the time I give up and get something off gunbroker the back log will be down to at least half of what it is.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I just submitted my designated collectors yesterday 4-09-2013. The lady at Navy Federal said mine was the !4th! one she has notarized that day and that she has been seeing LOTS of them every day for the past month or more! And she was a gun owner and was on the lists at the local shops to buy a G17 (her first handgun, but she and her husband own "a bunch" of long guns already).

Nice Lady. :D

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I heard a rumor that there is two teams that are processing apps. One team is a group of Troopers. The others are civilian. If the FFLs who send in batches are divided among both teams, then it may explain the varying return dates.

Plus the rumored fax machine backlog may have something to do with it. The guy/gal at the fax may just grab the next batch of papers and start faxing whatever is on top. It may not be a first-in-first-out operation.

My own speculation is that favors may also be being pulled. If the FFLs do submit via batches, and they get approved by batches, troopers (or friends of troopers) may say: "Hey...anyway my app can get through faster". And seeing how they approve by batches...the friend's paperwork may be in a batch that a MDS poster is also in...so they get through faster than usual.

Again, this is all rumor, speculation, and wild theory. Please do not take this as fact :)

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I heard a rumor that there is two teams that are processing apps. One team is a group of Troopers. The others are civilian. If the FFLs who send in batches are divided among both teams, then it may explain the varying return dates.

Plus the rumored fax machine backlog may have something to do with it. The guy/gal at the fax may just grab the next batch of papers and start faxing whatever is on top. It may not be a first-in-first-out operation.

My own speculation is that favors may also be being pulled. If the FFLs do submit via batches, and they get approved by batches, troopers (or friends of troopers) may say: "Hey...anyway my app can get through faster". And seeing how they approve by batches...the friend's paperwork may be in a batch that a MDS poster is also in...so they get through faster than usual.

Again, this is all rumor, speculation, and wild theory. Please do not take this as fact :)

who knows.... all I know is that it took 44 days exactly including the day I filled out the paper work for mines to come back. From what Im seeing on there people still waiting on early February stuff, 44 days isnt so bad so im def sticking with this FFL just in case he is Favorited or something :) I sent my collector App in like 2 weeks ago, so I will just give it another month or so to see if it comes back so I can at least make multiple purchases and have the wait worth it.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Purchase at Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, MD on 19Feb; NOT DISAPPROVED on 10Apr.

50 days...

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    March 9th (purchase and fax)

MSP says they are on February 22nd, and won't get to me until the end of the month.... Also said they are now getting 500+ per day and the backlog is only getting worse.

QuikDrw

gun nut
    Feb 20, 2013
    Harford county
    March 9th (purchase and fax)

MSP says they are on February 22nd, and won't get to me until the end of the month.... Also said they are now getting 500+ per day and the backlog is only getting worse.
    Feb 22 is good for me. My papwerwork went in on Monday 2/25. I could possibly get it this week.

musketbal

Mar 26, 2013
    Somerset Co., Crisfield

A very good friend who is a State Trooper bought a handgun on 2-18.
    Two days ago he went to the FFL dealer to ask if he had heard anything. The FFL called while he was there and told the Trooper on the other end that the person he was enquireing about was a trooper. The trooper on the other end state,"he can wait like all the rest". Like state in the quote above I'm sure he is right on "getting someone to the top of the stack" most likely does happen, I guess he doesn't know the right people. BTW he did not ask the FFL to call, however the FFL thought might help. It didn't.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    A very good friend who is a State Trooper bought a handgun on 2-18.
    Two days ago he went to the FFL dealer to ask if he had heard anything. The FFL called while he was there and told the Trooper on the other end that the person he was enquireing about was a trooper. The trooper on the other end state,"he can wait like all the rest". Like state in the quote above I'm sure he is right on "getting someone to the top of the stack" most likely does happen, I guess he doesn't know the right people. BTW he did not ask the FFL to call, however the FFL thought might help. It didn't.

Well, it's good that my wild theory about the favors is untrue. At least in this particular case.

I was told 7 weeks now

I'd bet it would be closer to 9 weeks if you were to put an app in today. I don't expect to see my March purchase until well into May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom