• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    2/7 Regulated Purchase - still waiting :sad20:
    MD Designated Collector - Mailed 2/19 - Received 3/15 :D

Can you share what you put in the "Describe nature of collecting activities" section of the form? Don't know if they are discerning on that and figure it's best to go with what has worked verbatim. Thanks!

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    Can you share what you put in the "Describe nature of collecting activities" section of the form? Don't know if they are discerning on that and figure it's best to go with what has worked verbatim. Thanks!

Same mail date and same receive date as the above user.

I put "To collect historic and or current firearms". Or something close to that effect. There is a thread on here if you search for what to put. I just copied that. Trooper Thompson is really good at getting through these quickly and I don't think the "reason" much matters as long as you have 1 or more regulated firearms already.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Same mail date and same receive date as the above user.

I put "To collect historic and or current firearms". Or something close to that effect. There is a thread on here if you search for what to put. I just copied that. Trooper Thompson is really good at getting through these quickly and I don't think the "reason" much matters as long as you have 1 or more regulated firearms already.

Yep, I fit that criteria. Thread reading here is like drinking from a fire hose :). Fantastic, timely input. Thanks!

Another question, say I have a purchase in the system awaiting "not disapproved" when this comes through.... Does that mean the day I get the collector form, I can make another purchase?

Drewsky87

Dec 20, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Just filled out my paperwork on Friday, 15 MAR, for my Seekins Stripped lower....Let the wait begin!

Had to stop myself from buying a 1911 I spotted while filling out the paperwork. The guy behind the counter at Bart's (the younger one who works there) joked and said the best thing about being a designated collector is also the worst, buying all the guns you want lol.

bmoranmd10

Feb 11, 2013
    Howard County
    Yep, I fit that criteria. Thread reading here is like drinking from a fire hose :). Fantastic, timely input. Thanks!

Another question, say I have a purchase in the system awaiting "not disapproved" when this comes through.... Does that mean the day I get the collector form, I can make another purchase?

Based on the letter I received and everything I've read on the MSP site and here: Yes you can!

Agree with other posters "Collecting modern and historic firearms"

hlhendr

Mar 5, 2011
    Pikesville, Md
    I got the call last night my colt 6920 is ready to be picked up. It sucks that I didn't check the messages until this morning. Oh well, make for a great day since its my birthday!

I completed the paper work on 1Feb.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I got the call last night my colt 6920 is ready to be picked up. It sucks that I didn't check the messages until this morning. Oh well, make for a great day since its my birthday!

I completed the paper work on 1Feb.

Happy Birthday! Have fun with your new purchase.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I was told when I picked up last night that I could submit new purchase paperwork now....because the 30 days will come and go long before the paperwork comes back....BUT I was also put on hold for a ruger 10/22 this morning....ffl said it would most likely be a day or two

I was told by my FFl that even though there is a backlog, I still need to wait 21 days to file paperwork on another regulated purchase.
    This is from a very well respected dealer in the Baltimore area.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    MSP says its best to wait until you are certain its 40 past when it was faxed to them, not when you gave your FFL your $50 and signed the paperwork ... 2/9 - you have about a week to go
    I will wait to call my ffl on thursday thank you. I paid him not MSP. I can wait value of my ar has trippled since I've been waiting. I just put another on hold so I actually will have 2 for the price of one if i sell one. The stock market no....the gun market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom