• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Wow, getting a little depressed after checking in here tonight. Called my FFL yesterday about my last couple of pistols collecting dust in his back room(one 9mm each for my daughters and Daddy's .40)... no joy. Paperwork for all was filled out on the 14th of January. Might have to stop past the store tomorrow and see when he actually turned it in seeing how folks are reporting getting stuf back from the 15th thru 18th here.

mallow

Pro-2A
    Dec 11, 2011
    Harford County
    I bought on 16 Jan. I emailed MSP and yesterday they confirmed for me that they receive my forms 22 Jan, they said that yesterday they were doing 21 Jan.

MY FFL said that in the last week, he has been faxing in about 40/day but has only gotten back FIVE faxes from MSP and one was a denial. The last one he got was last night and that check was started Jan 17.

I'm the 21st....hopefully I'll hear this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

double tap

Jan 25, 2013
    Day 34

and counting. I was told to expect 20 days when purchased on Jan 22. Looks like its gonna be double that.

If there are few if any regulated guns on the shelf anywhere in MD and havent been in a long while, where are the delays and backlogs coming from? Seems to me the wait should be getting shorter, not longer?

Can there be that many people buying as transfers from out of state or is this a form of slowing down regulated guns?

Do we complain about this and to whom or does that go counter our cause?

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    and counting. I was told to expect 20 days when purchased on Jan 22. Looks like its gonna be double that.

If there are few if any regulated guns on the shelf anywhere in MD and havent been in a long while, where are the delays and backlogs coming from? Seems to me the wait should be getting shorter, not longer?

Can there be that many people buying as transfers from out of state or is this a form of slowing down regulated guns?

I am so not trying to hear that...I paid for an AR at my local place on Dec17th they told me a few weeks wait for it to arrive then they can do my paperwork...7weeks later and the gun was still not in...got my money back and drove to PA. bought one off the shelf and had it shipped to MD. filed paperwork on 2/12...if all this is true i won't see my gun until mid march (or later) brining my total from time i paid until i took delivery at about 3-4 months...

as far as i know this is the address and phone number of the place that does the background checks

1111 Reisterstown Rd.
    Pikesville, MD 21208
    P) 410-653-4500
    F) 410-653-5441
    E) Licensing@MDSP.org

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Complaining is not going to speed anything up. Certainly if it hits the 30 day mark, you may want to submit a polite request and make sure your paperwork was indeed received, but other than that, the wait is the same for everyone. You're not special snowflakes, man up and deal with what we have to deal with. You want to change it, get involved, write to your reps and senators and get them to change the law.

jb1677

Jan 21, 2013

What shops are you guys visiting that have literally no inventory? All the shops around here while not bursting at the seams have plenty of things to pick from. (2a, Constitutional, Gun Rack)

Sure they all wish they had more, or could help get specific things people want but for the impulse buyers that must have something now they have the stock and seem to be moving it well.

160buck

Jul 26, 2012
    Still Waiting

I'm on day 40 today. MSP said it was processed last week. must be sitting in someones inbox and to LAZY to send it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom