• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    i filled out paper work on my ar jan 11th. i was told 3.5 weeks. still waiting. oh and hey yall im new here

ravensfan52

Jan 23, 2013
    Does this sound weird to anyone else? My dad purchased an AR a week before Christmas. The store keeps saying they haven't heard back yet. How is that possible?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Does this sound weird to anyone else? My dad purchased an AR a week before Christmas. The store keeps saying they haven't heard back yet. How is that possible?
    The store needs to call the MSP and see WTF is going on. That long of a wait means something went wrong.

I would not freak out about the legislation; even if it was turned into an emergency bill, the provisions about banned weapons explicitly take effect on October 1.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

There is also the possibility the shop he bought the gun from sat on the paperwork for some time before they faxed it in. I was talking to one shop owner that told me that they are so busy sometimes it takes them a few days before they can get to it.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I honestly can't remember what day mine went in, I knew it wouldn't be a 7 day wait, so I just said screw it. Hope it's before valentines day, I got a cz 75 for me, and a ruger single six for the gf(filled out at the same time) and was hoping to make that her vday present.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I think if your a LEO you should not have to do the check, as well as if you have a MD carry permit. How can you say you trust someone to carry a gun, but then you have to check them out again if they are buying their 10th gun.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Guys, I'm getting bad, I actually dreamt about shooting my cz last night... I need it...

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    In lieu of a complete revamp of the system, the plan I'd love to see is for someone with a carry permit (from any state) or a DCS letter, they would need the full check for the first purchase in a calendar year only, then any others are sped through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom