• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    *whew* Now that all the data entry is done, they only have to do the 40-45 background check on each of those 38,000 applications. So let's see...

40 minutes x 38,000 = 1,520,000 minutes (25,333 hours) of work left to do.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Something still stinks.

The MSP website today 9/15/2013 says:
    Currently Processing Initial Reviews from 5/18/2013

In this Post from September 6th in the "60+ days thread":
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2680470&postcount=1979
    The poster says:
    According the MSP voice recording, initial reviews are on 5/17 and secondary reviews are on 5/11.

It is now September 15th and they have had all that extra help for a week so shouldn't they have shown a jump in progress?

I think someone who knows how should start making screen captures of the numbers the MSP are reporting.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <crickets>

Let's try that again ...

For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <dead silence>

Check the phone ... yep, there's a dialtone ...

For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <could ABC2news be telling a fib ?>

:sad20:

That's good stuff there.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    *whew* Now that all the data entry is done, they only have to do the 40-45 background check on each of those 38,000 applications. So let's see...

40 minutes x 38,000 = 1,520,000 minutes (25,333 hours) of work left to do.

That's only 12.18 working man years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr H

Banana'd
    Something still stinks.

The MSP website today 9/15/2013 says:
    Currently Processing Initial Reviews from 5/18/2013

In this Post from September 6th in the "60+ days thread":
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2680470&postcount=1979
    The poster says:

It is now September 15th and they have had all that extra help for a week so shouldn't they have shown a jump in progress?

I think someone who knows how should start making screen captures of the numbers the MSP are reporting.

"All that help" had nothing to do with the actual background checks.

Two completely separate processes.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Yep, but now they have 30K-odd names, addresses, SS#'s, and make/model of firearm you have ... all in a database ... somewhere.

Can you say 'defacto gun registration' PRIOR to the Oct. 1st deadline ?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I just hope it's no worse than that.........

Yeah, if we're lucky Owe'Malley will just peruse it late at night and wack-off while he fantasizes about confiscation as the next POTUS. :innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    All weekend the fax line for MSP was VERY busy. We didn't receive many "Not Dissaproved" back though.

For a moment I thought they were playing games and making the fax lines "busy" for the next 2 weeks.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    prediction: 10,000+ Not Declined faxes to FFL on 9/27 (or better yet Fedex'd - so they have tracking confirmation they were received), so MSP can say "not our fault FFLs didn't give you your purchase and you now need a HQL"

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

However if they no longer need to apply the resources that were working to clear the backlog those resources should have been available to work on the background checks. I would assume the background checkers were also entering data before they could check the background. Or were all the background checkers sitting on their hands waiting for a data entry person to finish inputting an application before the checkers did any work.

Data entry backlog taken care of by other people should result in more background checks completed by the core group otherwise why bother.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    prediction: 10,000+ Not Declined faxes to FFL on 9/27 (or better yet Fedex'd - so they have tracking confirmation they were received), so MSP can say "not our fault FFLs didn't give you your purchase and you now need a HQL"

I think you are exactly right!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    However if they no longer need to apply the resources that were working to clear the backlog those resources should have been available to work on the background checks. I would assume the background checkers were also entering data before they could check the background. Or were all the background checkers sitting on their hands waiting for a data entry person to finish inputting an application before the checkers did any work.

Data entry backlog taken care of by other people should result in more background checks completed by the core group otherwise why bother.

It doesn't look like there was a huge progress jump last week based on word coming out of the Licensing Division.

Why bother? Think nefarious. Think malicious. How many state agencies/people now have that information?

Things were going too smoothly with the release policies after the lawsuit and that darn firearms community was being too self-policing. Can't have that.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It doesn't look like there was a huge progress jump last week based on word coming out of the Licensing Division.

Why bother? Think nefarious. Think malicious. How many state agencies/people now have that information?

Things were going too smoothly with the release policies after the lawsuit and that darn firearms community was being too self-policing. Can't have that.

I agree but they can't give that as their excuse. I am just poking holes in the MSP story to show the real reason for doing all this, which we wern't supposed to notice, had to be something else.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, for grins and fiddles, what would happen if every FFL in the state decided to a delayed mailing of all of their 77Rs to MSP? You know, mail them so they all show up on Sept 29th or 30th? :innocent0

Some of us were discussing this today at the Howard County show, just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom