• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    No dice, even after clearing everything in FF. It is a different msg. today though.

Now MSI has my email address in the system, so I can't even move forward with raising my membership to Executive via the online system.

krucam Do you have a PayPal account?

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
    If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
    If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
    I think I'll just do it the old fashion way... :rolleyes:

krucam

Ultimate Member
    No dice, even after clearing everything in FF. It is a different msg. today though.

Now MSI has my email address in the system, so I can't even move forward with raising my membership to Executive via the online system.

krucam Do you have a PayPal account?

I think I'll just do it the old fashion way... :rolleyes:

Yes and it was with my Paypal account that I donated today...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It sounds like it's a problem with the way Paypal is presenting the transaction to your credit card. I had a similar problem booking a venue over the phone. I had plenty of credit but the issuing card company wanted something sent that the venue wasn't sending.

Is there another bank card or credit card you can try, or did you try both?

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It sounds like it's a problem with the way Paypal is presenting the transaction to your credit card. I had a similar problem booking a venue over the phone. I had plenty of credit but the issuing card company wanted something sent that the venue wasn't sending.

Is there another bank card or credit card you can try, or did you try both?

I've tried three, one of which I only use for on-line purchases, and I've never had a problem with using it. Maybe I've gotta use a PayPal account for donations... Oh well, snail mail it is..

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Membership in Maryland Shall Issue® is on an annual basis from October 1 to September 30. Those that have joined since August 1, 2012 will receive an automatic extension of their membership through 9/30/13.

Regular Membership is $10.00 per year. Regular members receive the MSI Update and are entitled to attend all regular meetings of MSI.

Executive Membership is $50.00 per year. Executive Members are entitled to all of the benefits of Regular Membership plus are entitled to attend meetings reserved exclusively for Executive Members. The Executive Membership level is for those individuals who wish to have a more active role in the legislative and outreach activities of MSI without taking on the duties of an elected or appointed position. Those wishing to become Executive Members must pay their $50.00 dues and make a written request to be considered as such. The Executive Membership will vote on each application on a case by case basis.

Dues may be paid electronically at the MSI website or sent via mail to:

Maryland Shall Issue®
    1332 Cape St. Claire Rd. #342
    Annapolis, MD 21409

I have an opinion regarding the whole Executive Membership thing. Back in March with the Wollard Decision I finally decided to join, paid for the Executive Membership PLUS a donation on top of the Executive Membership fee. Did not receive any type of recognition of the fact of becoming a member (email, etc) other than paypa saying thankyou for the money. As I sent money for Executive Membership and Addition donation I wanted to clarify that $50 was for the Executive membership so I sent an email, "Hey just because a member, so how do I take advantage of my membership, I paid for executive membership, what additional benefits...etc?"
    The reply the I received back was basically along the lines of "Please tell us what you have to bring to the table, what skills to have that a deserving of executive membership.?"
    Needless to say, that kind of burnt my biscuits.

You have written above that one needs to request to become an executive member, and looking at the donate link NOW, it appears that you have attempted to make it a little clearer as to the Executive Membership on-boarding process.
    However it just seems to make sense not to offer an Executive membership option, if it requires a vetting process before you can be "accepted".
    Either A, anyone who pays the amount should be an Executive Member and should have any voting privileges that come with it, or B all Members are just regular and those who wish to participate more can volunteer there time as they see fit. (I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for a time commitment of those that are willing to volunteer.) Those who volunteer can earn status which would entitle them to vote at board elections and such.

That being said, I will follow up with some PMs in regards to my status as an "Executive Member".

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Executive Members, as voting members can also hold office. We must take some steps to ensure those members are true supporters of our cause and not saboteurs.

Our executive membership quadrupled after Woollard. The system we had in place simply could not handle such an influx.

We are finalizing some big changes that will make things flow much smoother. We are also addressing the issue of a lack of acknowledgement.

We def got caught short on this one, but the changes we've made will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Executive Members, as voting members can also hold office. We must take some steps to ensure those members are true supporters of our cause and not saboteurs.

Our executive membership quadrupled after Woollard. The system we had in place simply could not handle such an influx.

We are finalizing some big changes that will make things flow much smoother. We are also addressing the issue of a lack of acknowledgement.

We def got caught short on this one, but the changes we've made will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Very wise.

Also, when I submitted my Executive membership yesterday, it jumped straight to PP (which accepted the payment fine), but I didn't receive any kind of acknowledgement that what I had typed in the comments section had been received. Should I contact MSI with a separate note regarding Executive membership?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It won't advance you to paypal unless it records your info. if you PM me the email you signed up with I can check to be sure.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Don't forget the MSI Membership Meeting Sept 8th, 4-5 PM.

Miller Branch of the Howard County Public Library.

Attachments

• MSI_Banner.jpg
      MSI_Banner.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 159

2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    I joined about a week ago. Never got an e-mail or anything from MSI. Would be nice to know my membership is actually appreciated by those guys? oh well. Keep the fight going. I am very happy you guys are fighting for our rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom