• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Bruh, it's a retail store not a court house.

More to the story? Did you walk in and leave without buying anything? Did you buy something and pay at the service desk (where the label may not have been deactivated?)

Sensormatic-style Labels are (supposedly) deactivated at checkout so it doesn't set off the alarm but it's retail tech so... It's always full of anomalies/glitches.
    Returned an item, used mens room and left out the in area; which they have divided up.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    As infuriating as this is, I can't help but laugh. The members of the MGA just can't help themselves.

The prohibition on carrying a firearm on private property that's conspicuously posted and/or where you have been personally advised that you cannot carry firearms will almost certainly survive judicial review as will the sections prohibiting the carry of firearms in government buildings and polling places. The rest of the place based restrictions on carrying firearms are dead on arrival; there simply isn't adequate (or, in some cases, any) text, history or tradition to support them. The fact that you appear to be prohibited from carrying a pistol into Sheetz under this law since they have machines that dispense lottery tickets will not amuse SCOTUS, nor will the youth camp prohibition since it appears to prohibit earning a merit badge in marksmanship and similar activities.

I understand that it's frustrating but ultimately this type of legislation will lead to excellent case law that will definitively foreclose on these types of infringements. Once 90 percent of the sensitive place restrictions are held to be unconstitutional, Maryland and other states will try to impose onerous training requirements (i.e. 40+ hour training courses that approximate going through the firearms training found in a Police Academy) or truly exorbitant fees (i.e. $1,000 per year with annual renewal). Once those get struck down, their quiver will essentially be empty. In the end, we win as long as we keep fighting diligently. Having been born and raised in NYC, I can tell you from experience what truly draconian gun control looks like. The strides we've made over the last forty years are nothing short of miraculous.

This type of legislation is rearguard harassment. The Second Amendment is here to stay. This nonsense is a form of theater. If Maryland were serious about crime control, it wouldn't have abolished the death penalty, violent felons would have to serve 85 percent of their sentences before seeing the parole board and the MGA wouldn't be considering shielding 24 year old felons from being charged with first degree murder for rape-homicide.
    I agree with you to a point. The MGA will pass these laws every year and I don't think they care about the legality. I equate it to littering, they dump trash on the side of the road knowing we have to pick it up even if it takes years. No skin off their asses.. Look how long it will take for the hearing in Richmond on the HQL and other cases. And, its not like we will get a holy shit this is a bad law and we'll strike it down today. It will take weeks, maybe months. In the meantime we are under the MGA boot. I mean then Senator Frosh stated he didn't care what federal law said, if someone drove through the State (I95) with an AR15 if caught he would go to prison. They didn't care about their own constituents jobs when they drove Beretta out either.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The prohibited areas in the bill are now just what are strictly listed above in the MSI link?

Can someone advise if I’m understanding this correctly?

Yes , things are in constant motion right up to the minute the Governor's pen hits paper , or the clock strikes Midnite on Sine Die . ( Yeah , it can become law w/o signature , but this time he Will Sign , with great fanfare , surrounded by pink shirts .)

Yes MSI is in the thick of it , and will update as quickly as possible .

But grossly oversimplified :

The laundry list of sensitive places is still huge , and ( insert nasty words ) . But only for the actual Places , and not the buffer zones that would have prevented travel on public streets and roads .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But off duty police officers are except from going into places that serve alcohol like they don’t drink alcohol.

It was the whipping it out , racking the slide , and threatening the bartender with it , not having it per se . Among other things at the bar .

Was he already loaded ( booze ) when he got there ? Or such a lightweight that 3 drinks were enough for him to get 86'ed and do stupid drunk stuff ?

I don't get out much , and when I do , it's the dive honky tonk where we play music . Is $42 for 3 drinks " normal " prices ?

Trm

Sep 23, 2022
    Baltimore
    It was the whipping it out , racking the slide , and threatening the bartender with it , not having it per se . Among other things at the bar .

Was he already loaded ( booze ) when he got there ? Or such a lightweight that 3 drinks were enough for him to get 86'ed and do stupid drunk stuff ?

I don't get out much , and when I do , it's the dive honky tonk where we play music . Is $42 for 3 drinks " normal " prices ?
    I think he got buzzed while he was there and that’s about right for 3 drinks a the bar. Them drinks from the bartender ain’t cheap.
    I think he got drunk while he was there

Trm

Sep 23, 2022
    Baltimore

This wasn’t the first time, he also got arrested for driving drunk and he’s a Sargent.

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore

Dont blame the messenger
    Appreciate stuff like this thanks. I get tired of reading the bill every time it changes and having to skim up and down for twenty minutes on a pdf to decipher it.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    None of which I will ever visit. My fvck fields are barren.
    That's a liberal point of view mate.... "It doesn't effect me so I don't care."
    That's how we've eroded 2A as much as we have.

Even if it doesn't apply to you, you absolutely should care.

I don't do sporting events. I don't do stadiums. I still stand against a carry prohibition there.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I really don’t feel like emails, phone calls, and even testimony makes a difference. Well at least not for this bill. Is there anything that can stop this from passing?

Of course the politicians stand together for other bills saying “this bill was drafted due to the emails and phone calls”. If that is true are we just not following through? Not calling or emailing?

I hope a TRO is applied if it passes so it can be found unconstitutional before it hurts anyone.
    Truth of the matter? It doesn't actually matter. They don't care. Doesn't mean I and others haven't tried. But they really don't care

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Ok the way I read this. I live across the street from a park with a baseball field. They have games almost every evening come spring. Also we always have many dog walkers there during the day. I am less the 100 feet from the park. So as I read this, I cannot leave my house if people are there. Or can I not leave my house just because it is a park were people may meet. Either way if we can sue them for infringing on my rights I also want my money back for classes, fingerprints and fees. For me and my wife.
    They struck the 100yd/100ft rules with the exception of the already existing prohibition in declared protest zones

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's a liberal point of view mate.... "It doesn't effect me so I don't care."
    That's how we've eroded 2A as much as we have.

Even if it doesn't apply to you, you absolutely should care.

I don't do sporting events. I don't do stadiums. I still stand against a carry prohibition there.

Good point. I guess what I meant was, I don't use those areas ever anyway, with the exception of bars(and almost never those either). Does that mean I'm okay with that? No F'ing way. We are still at their mercy though, their knees bearing down on our necks. It hasn't been erosion, more of a frontal assault.

Be that as it may, my bags have been packed for 40 years.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Exemption: "-Firearms carried or transported in motor vehicles so long as the firearm(s) is unloaded and locked in a container that is separate from any ammunition that is suitable for use in the firearm(s)"

Wait, they're trying to tell me that I can't carry IN MY OWN CAR with my W&C license?
    And just think, just today around 1500 there was a carjacking at the giant gas station on Conn Ave in Chevy Chase... less than 100 yds from the Fire Station I work at

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Good point. I guess what I meant was, I don't use those areas ever anyway, with the exception of bars(and almost never those either). Does that mean I'm okay with that? No F'ing way. We are still at their mercy though, their knees bearing down on our necks. It hasn't been erosion, more of a frontal assault.

Be that as it may, my bags have been packed for 40 years.
    I feel you on the bags packed. Only reason I bought a house in this god forsaken state was because of my step kids... I even bought in Calvert because my step daughter wanted to be here, then she went and decided THE DAY BEFORE COURT that she was moving in with her dad..... I could've been up in Boonsboro or even over the line 5 years ago... but alas Im stuck, and with the every increasing debt, inflation etc, I don't think Im getting out of here any time soon.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Even if they make it so I can't carry anywhere, I'm still renewing my permit.

It took me about twenty years to get it back after I had to forfeit it because I left the armored car company.

(Funny thing is that I was once allowed to carry in courthouses to pick up their money. Now I can't even carry at a restaurant)

They ain't getting me to give it up that easy. We worked hard for it both in class and fighting for our rights legislatively and judicially.

Plus, we all know, that if we start giving up our permits that the top brass at MSP will once again say that nobody wants them. We knew that wasn't true then and it's obvious now.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm pretty much done acquiescing to authoritative pricks in this ********. I'll do what I know is right.
    I might have asked my last "mother may I".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom