• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Replies to our email and recruiting thread are lagging....

Need YOUR help!

Hi Guys!

It's time again for Bowiefest. We need volunteers to staff our booth from 11- 6 on Saturday June 1.

I'm going to open and close the show.

0700 setup

1100 Festival opens

1800 Gates close

1830 We need to be offsite.

Volunteers...

0700-1300 Drmsparks
    Archangel (early)

1500-1900 Drmsparks

This is always a fun event. We are right down by the lake. There is a ton of fun stuff for the family as well.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Thank god we didn't do a referendum, because we are having a shit ton of trouble filling 1-2 of these a month. Imagine if we had to be out every weekend in multiple places across the state.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thank god we didn't do a referendum, because we are having a shit ton of trouble filling 1-2 of these a month. Imagine if we had to be out every weekend in multiple places across the state.

well if you allow the referendum signing at the MSI booth you might get more volunteers :D

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Did you post over in the Event Planning thread?

I will help out. And bring some balloons. Am even willing to raffle off a bolt action 22 if u are up for that kinda action :)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Did you post over in the Event Planning thread?

I will help out. And bring some balloons. Am even willing to raffle off a bolt action 22 if u are up for that kinda action :)

Most of those are MDS events though. We'd have to explore how the admin feels about co-listing MSI events.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am still trying to work out my schedule for Saturday, but I may be available from 1400 - ??

I will let Dave know for sure by tomorrow.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I agree this is sad, there's always a lot of talk on these forums but at times, very little action. All I can say, and this will mean sh!t-all to most, but if I wasn't deployed I would be volunteering in an instant! Getting the "word out" is grass-roots 101, and we need this today, not tomorrow. I look forward to volunteering at any event when I take leave in early August. See you then!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    No helium balloons unless they are popped on site. Maybe next year we can do an airsoft booth....

Seriuosly though, outreach is the mission that will keep bad bills from sb281 from getting worse. The referendum won't do squat unless we educate a large number of non gun owners about our issue.

This is where YOU can make a difference. We need you to help us reach those who are not attuned to our issue (and don't understand that it's THEIR issue too).

Thanks

Dave

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    No helium balloons unless they are popped on site. Maybe next year we can do an airsoft booth....

Seriuosly though, outreach is the mission that will keep bad bills from sb281 from getting worse. The referendum won't do squat unless we educate a large number of non gun owners about our issue.

This is where YOU can make a difference. We need you to help us reach those who are not attuned to our issue (and don't understand that it's THEIR issue too).

Thanks

Dave

Oooooooo airsoft booth... good idea.

What about squirtguns? Can we hand those out? I can get some at the dollar store.

And the raffle? $1 a ticket... I'll donate the plinkster.

Either way, I am in for whatever time slot you need me.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Thanks

Dave

Berwyn Rod and Gun Club will have a booth set up and shooting BB guns. :D :party29::party29::party29:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Update:

0900 setup- meet at 197 park and ride.

1100 Festival opens
    0900-1400 drmsparks
    0900-1300 archangel
    1100- 1400 gunone
    1300-1600 Joe Galasso
    1400-1800 mxrider
    1400-1830 dblas
    1700-1900 drmsparks
    1800 Gates close

1830 We need to be offsite.

Shall not....I can fit you in whenever you want just drop me a pm on available times.

We are in spot 220 at the festival down by the lake.

First shift will meet at the 197 park and ride.

We can carpool in, drop off the gear, and catch the shuttle back.

We definitely need two people for setup and teardown.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks to all that came out. It was an awesome show!! Work crew was GREAT!

Glad to help out, now there just needs to be an organizing committee to put the rules out for how to get a show supported (like we discussed).

Oh yeah, and where were the pens and stickers??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom