• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    While I have no dog in this fight, (MLA tags on work van and vanity tags on the pick-up), I have to wonder if the average motorist even knows what MD Shall Issue even means.

Maryland Shooters, OTOH...
    :)

But unfortunately, MDS is not a non-profit (as far as I know). So they can't get organizational plates anyway.
    :(

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I run the plates for the State's Professional Engineer Society. The applications need to be signed by an approved member of the organization, that is on file with MVA. In MSI's case, I would assume that to be an EM as approved by the BOD. The $25 fee is what the MVA charges, an additional fee can be added by the org. An original order of 25 plates must be prepaid for. After that they send out one at time, as they come in. MSI must first approve this, but I think that's a formality. I'll run this up the flagpole, if it hasn't already been, and get back here.

JD-IAFF

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 21, 2013
    The "chairman" just gives the applicant a form (signed by the chairperson) and that person mails or takes it to MVA with the specified amout, and MVA issues the tags.
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Vehicle-Services/SpecialtyPlates/OrgPlates_Entry1.asp

Small point - if you want your tags issued on the spot, for organizational plates you HAVE to go to Glen Burnie to get them. All orgs plates are issued out of a room down there. Go to any other MVA and the tags will be mailed to you from GB.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    quick mock up

Attachments

• MSI plate.JPG
      MSI plate.JPG
      36.3 KB · Views: 195

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    I'm in for the tags.

I knew a small group that organized tags.
    I believe that you need a legit group of 50 members to start the tag.

I'm going to check more into it.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I think the fact that it doesn't have wide name recognition could be a positive...

"hey, what's Maryland Shall Issue?"

"I'M GLAD YOU ASKED....."

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    My first instinct is where can I get one...then I keep going back to not wanting to advertise that I (almost definitely) have guns.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Small point - if you want your tags issued on the spot, for organizational plates you HAVE to go to Glen Burnie to get them. All orgs plates are issued out of a room down there. Go to any other MVA and the tags will be mailed to you from GB.

Correct!

Thanks for adding that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom