• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I would like to invite folks to join MSI and get their AGC range badge. The badge price drops on 7/1 for first time members.
    On Thurs, 7/7 at 5:30, I will be teaching an AGC range safety orientation. This class is required prior to getting a range badge.
    There is no better way to waste a Thursday evening than to walk around a gun club listening to me ramble on about safety stuff.
    MDS' own Boothdoc chose the date and time and you're welcome to share his misery in my presence.
    Once you join MSI, sign up for the orientation here...

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I was a member there in the mid 90's, at the time the rules sucked, and the rso's where worse. I have heard it is a lot better these days.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I was a member there in the mid 90's, at the time the rules sucked, and the rso's where worse. I have heard it is a lot better these days.

It is much better, but I’m going to say that’s subjective. Not speaking to you personally, but not knowing what rules you say sucked, or what happened with RSO, some people will always be offended when they’re told to stop doing something that is unsafe but they’re having fun doing.

I absolutely suggest giving it another try.
    The last 5+ years there’s been a big effort to make the range better and many people, myself included, have seen that difference.

Now, is it perfect? No. But I promise it is better than it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There was a time when the RSO's were complete and utter a holes. Not anymore. The AGC listened and replaced the range nazis with RSO's that act and are professional.
    I have been a member on and off since 1981. There are still rules which must be followed, but over it is a great place to shoot. I had some scouts there about a year ago and the RSO offered up some steel targets for the kids. If it were closer, I would be there more often.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The problems many years ago where the rso's. But the rules for things like the target frames made it seem like the only legal target frames where sold by one guy. Bring a target stand not made by the one guy and they would measure it. The you would hear its 1 inch too short, or too tall you cant use it. But you can buy this 4 bucks of wood for 40 and be ok other wise you cant shoot today.

They rso did not like black rifles, one tried to say 3 rounds only in ar mags, another told me I could not use an 18 inch barrel on the trap range. They tried to make up the rules as they went. The joke at one time was zztop had a 4 wheeler shoved up his ass. I actually caught another sitting behind me on the pistol range timing my shots, one every 2 seconds. He told me if he caught me firing faster than every 2 seconds he was going to kick me out for the day.

I have heard it is much much better, but its 45-50 mins from my house and littlestown is 20

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Back on topic. SG is a good dude. He will treat you well.
    But than again so is Dan. So pick a date that works.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    The problems many years ago where the rso's. But the rules for things like the target frames made it seem like the only legal target frames where sold by one guy. Bring a target stand not made by the one guy and they would measure it. The you would hear its 1 inch too short, or too tall you cant use it. But you can buy this 4 bucks of wood for 40 and be ok other wise you cant shoot today.

They rso did not like black rifles, one tried to say 3 rounds only in ar mags, another told me I could not use an 18 inch barrel on the trap range. They tried to make up the rules as they went. The joke at one time was zztop had a 4 wheeler shoved up his ass. I actually caught another sitting behind me on the pistol range timing my shots, one every 2 seconds. He told me if he caught me firing faster than every 2 seconds he was going to kick me out for the day.

I have heard it is much much better, but its 45-50 mins from my house and littlestown is 20

2 seconds between shots sounds like the person used to work at Hap Baker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elcid85

Apr 22, 2014
    I dropped my range badge in the late-90s when I didn't have time to shoot. I don't remember his name but the RSO in the '80s was h3ll on wheels. I remember waiting "in fear" for him to throw me off the range one time when my Garand doubled.

Time to renew it, I signed up for the 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom