• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    just watch out for the new HQL if needed or you might waste your money. I was more alarmed about supporting MSAR (read other posts in his forum) as a company.

Easy way for them to pocket money from customers if HQL is needed. Imaging that MSAR would charge you in case you show up after making your resevation and they charge you for the service since you the customer didn't do your homework.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I saw two bus loads of Grouponers at PG trap and skeet one time. Lots of yuppy looking folks and lots of women. It's great for shooting to get people out and experience the sport.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I promised Groupon that I was done with them as long as they were banishing firearms-related deals. I can honestly say I haven't missed them a bit, but it looks like I don't have to hold a grudge anymore.

I've never fired an AR15 so I might have to go even though it's a bit of a hike.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    1. Shouldn't this be in the capitol region since MSAR is in PG county?
    2. Good on Groupon for putting something firearm related on their site (F.U Paypal)
    3. F.U. MSAR.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I saw two bus loads of Grouponers at PG trap and skeet one time. Lots of yuppy looking folks and lots of women. It's great for shooting to get people out and experience the sport.

My wife and daughter did a groupon at Gilbert's gun range in Rockville recently. They both enjoyed it. They shot .22s that were include in the deal (to borrow) I believe. It was a pleasant surprise to me that my wife would do this.

Sometimes I think she would buy just about anything of there was a coupon for it! :-)

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The MSAR range is new and very nice they added stools in the rifle ranges so you can stand or sit with a support for your firearm. The air flow is good, it did get warm the other day I was there at 11 and the front deck said they turn the A/C at Noon the place to massive so I bet the A/C bill is crazy.

The group-on deal is not bad if you don't had a .223 or handgun and want to take someone or try out a handgun you would like to buy (test fire). Normal firearm rental $7.00 cheapest 9mm/50 rounds I buy is $16. Normal lane fees is $20 for two people no time limit (nice). Targets $1 - 1.25 for full size Silhouette. So when I go to MSAR to shoot it cost me $37 for the my first 50 rounds of 9mm with my own guns and ammo, ear and eye protection and I bring a few stick on targets to add to the full size Silhouette target . So the $38 dollar group-on deal is very good deal and you don’t have to clean the firearms.

I took my wife a few months back to shoot the Sig Sauer Mosquito she was thinking about getting one it was out for maintenance she ended up tried the Ruger Mark III 22.

They had changed their policies due to the ammo shortages and let you bring in your own ammo (Factory only) to use in the rentals I would call to see if that is still in effect.

There one other nice deal I start out with a 22LR Rifle a Bolt action or M&P 15-22 for a 100 rounds or so then go to a 22/380/9 or 45 handgun for 50/100 rounds all on the same rifle range lane which normally has less people then the handgun range all for the same fee $20.

Show me an indoor range in Maryland where you can do that and I’ll go there. The place is worth the drive but like everything they do have peak hours/days when everyone comes to shoot, that why I go early during the week days.

For those people who don't like MSAR thank you for not going and taking out a firing lane I get to shoot without waiting:o

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    For those people who don't like MSAR thank you for not going and taking out a firing lane I get to shoot without waiting:o

Your welcome. And thank you for continuing to support a business that was lock and step with MOM in eroding our gun rights....

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yep, MSAR is not releasing on time, so group on or no group on, they are not getting my money. As already mentioned, thanks to those that support the gun shops and ranges that do not support the 2nd Amendment in Maryland. It makes it easier for the shops supporting the 2nd Amendment to close up shop and move to another state. Which in turn makes it easier for me to convince my wife that we need to move too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom