• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • helg

Dec 26, 2008
    The prices and available bullet list at betterbullets from King of Prussia, PA look better than moyerscastbullets. I had very positive experience with another PA company, betterbullets. The bullets, which I analyzed, have 17.2 BHN and, according to XRF analysis contain Pb-Sn-Sb in 91.5-1.9-6.6 percentage ratio. Almost 2% tin gives good filling of the bold. This is more tin than in tntreloading and mastrebastbullets stuff that also has been analyzed. In addition of regular lube in grooves the bullets are covered with thin film that prevents oxidation: after couple of months the bullets are still shiny. They accept only phone and fax orders, but the prices are worth the call. And I got my shipment in less than a week, may be even faster, do not remember.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    +1 for better bullets, they are at a lot of local shows and sponsor a couple local matches, good stuff great price.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Overall, occasionnally, in certain circumstances.
    In typical 9mm loads, nope, if price & availabbility
    is favorable for plated, go for it.

snapshotmd

Aug 30, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    None whatsoever IMO unless you can get plain lead cheaper.

The only conceivable thing that I could think of, which is right out of my ass (ROMA), is plated or jacketed bullets can potentially wear down the barrel rifling quicker than a cast bullet. The cast bullet is lubricated and softer than copper plate.

Remember, this is ROMA! I'm wondering what the BHN for jacket bullets are. Anyone have that info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom