• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevoxlfx

Jan 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    Well im taking a new position on the shore(pocomoke city) ... what should i expect? also first thing i did was go to the local walmart and they had 9mm and 762x39 so that was a plus...

kevoxlfx

Jan 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    i have alot of tattoos i will always be an outsider ... im also planning to build a half pipe in the garage... hope they like me ... haha

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Just expect the following:

1. Local People to look at you like your crazy!
    They do it to everyone, even if you have known them for years.

2. The occasional shout from a truck with a shot exhaust system! Whether it be from the fumes, or something about drinking the water over here during the first 4 years of life, some people just get a kick out of hollering from trucks. Shrug it off, and pay little attention.

3. Long lines at EVERY store that sells any kind of booze around 5pm! Self Explanatory I think.

4. Last, but not least, It will take you a lot longer to accomplish simple errands. What is quint, and semi country living proves to be a royal pain when you need milk at 3 in the morning. While there may be stores close to you, most of them will close their doors at night, and in many places, earlier then you expect. Learn which stores are open 24 hours, and which are not. This will save you a lot of headaches, and driving in the middle of the night.

cablegod

Mar 28, 2009
    Pocomoke is the home of the Great Pocomoke Fair, Tractor pulls, Demo Derbys, the Jeeps on the Shore Show and good fishing. Other than that you will head to Salisbury, OC or VA beach for entertainment. Everything is going to seem to take a little bit more time but that is only because nothing is right around the corner and other than the beach traffic there is no traffic. There are a lot of skaters on the shore, if you build a half pipe they will find it! My 8 year old is into it so there are quarter pipes all other the drive way and a mini pipe for all the kids to get hurt on!

yuck

Sep 10, 2009
    Lower Shore
    ^^This^^
    There's a small (too small) skate park here too in Cypress Park right under the bridge: http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2008/05/pocomoke-city-skatepark-is-open-grayson.html

All in all, Pocomoke isn't that bad of a place. Pretty quiet, and Walmart + Lowes allows for some convenience (though you may have to drive to the Salisbury Lowes for some things.. :mad54:) Walmart in Pocomoke is busy nearly all the time, since it is the one that is furthest south on the ENTIRE peninsula - all of VA eastern shore makes pilgrimages there.

Like it was said, close to beaches, hunting, etc. There's a bowling alley. Several good churches. About 60-65 minutes from Delmarva Sporting Clays.

You probably won't see too many weird looks from true locals in Pocomoke - many are transplants themself that commute to NASA Wallops Island, Navy, or Coast Guard who come and go every few years.

I grew up on the shore, then lived over in PG & Howard Counties for 5-6 years, and now am in Pocomoke. Convenience is what you'll miss the most (I'm from the shore originally and I still miss having everything near by), but it's not terrible.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I lived for some time in Martinsville, Va. While it took some getting used to, I now miss that. People just being neighborly because they can.

I felt bad the first time I was on a back road near Horntown, Va. and someone waved to me I looked back and thought "Do I know her?". Same thing when people come up to you in places like that, my first thought is "Oh no, what are they trying to sell me".

kevoxlfx

Jan 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    thanks for the input ... i will be around Market St. kinda seems like Mayberry.... but im into it. and for all the locals I will be the tattooed guy so feel free to wave.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    80% of the Shore has tats (not counting the livestock). Some hidden some not. Are you driving a F150 or a 3500HD? Need more info for the wave :)

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Expect to always be considered an outsider.

Often true, my wife was told by the head of accounting at Salisbury U that we might accept you after 15 years. I've been here since 93, no real problems but you can certainly tell the ones that are a product of inbreeding and it's hard to break old habits. ;) You will be fine as long as you do your AND their work in the office.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    welcome from snow hill....well kinda, im stationed in North carolina. There was a bunch of skaters in pocomoke when i was around, 2000-06ish. hope you have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom