• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    Congrats. I hope all is well. I really wish I could move to Pa or Va but my house ownership along with a trash housing market prevent me at the moment.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    A fellow Pennsyltuckian! My father's side is from just east of Harrisburg. I'm from a bit further west in Johnstown, originally.
    Really Johnstown? Perhaps Geistown? Hornerstown? Paint? East Conemaugh? Other?

I am born, bred, schooled and likely to be buried in PA. I am only here for employment purposes.

I hail from Homer City, but I’m closer to Lucerne Mines, PA…

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    So, we signed on the dotted line and, if nothing goes wrong, should be in PA by the end of the year. I only have a few guns left now, sold most things recently, but have a question about one, my SCAR 17S. I bought it new in Maryland some years ago but I believe the configuration now would be a problem in Maryland. Is it OK to bring into PA? I was reading that rifles are OK unless restricted by federal law. I’ve always worried first about Maryland law so not sure about federal laws.Please see pic at link.

if its 16"+ barrel its not an SBR so should be able to drive it over the line and be free to own it in the free state.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

I am born, bred, schooled and likely to be buried in PA. I am only here for employment purposes.

Other - I spent my childhood growing up just outside Mine 42. Then moved to Moxham at the start of HS (decades back when it was solidly a working class neighborhood and not the cesspool it is now) and then Upper Yoder just up from Roxbury Park.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Why do people post things like this? I really am curious. The op bought it legally, presumably isn't a felon and Pennsylvania has no idea what he has. Why put something like this on the internet? It just seems to me that common sense would dictate not doing so and, also, fúck the man
    some times we all over think things and OP was just making sure he was with in legality despite PA being a free state.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I can't wait to GTF out of MD! Lots of good areas in PA. But I really like the north central area around Elk County, the Pennsylvania Wilds.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

Other - I spent my childhood growing up just outside Mine 42. Then moved to Moxham at the start of HS (decades back when it was solidly a working class neighborhood and not the cesspool it is now) and then Upper Yoder just up from Roxbury Park.
    My relatives were in Dunlo, Krayne and Beaverdale but also had a few in Walnut Grove(before ‘77 Flood) and up the hill in Westmont.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom