• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • string6guru

Feb 8, 2013
    Waldorf, Leonardtown, MD
    Hey Guys and Gals,
    I'm an ex military, intermediate shooter and will be closing on a new build mid October. Can anyone recommend any ranges or clubs that I should look into? I know about Myrtle Grove and that looks ideal for me but I'd like to get more info on other places.

Thanks!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 326

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    No Run for your life. If you are coming establish residency before Oct 1st or prepare to register, pay fees on or loose your guns. That said Hidey Ho soon to be neighbor. Settle in with some sweet lemonade (official beverage) and enjoy the show. I live in Chuckles Co and my range is my back yard.

string6guru

Feb 8, 2013
    Waldorf, Leonardtown, MD
    Too late, I woulda coulda shoulda, but signed the contract before MOM unleashed his hateful fury for all things guns (except Beretta). The residency thing I'm tying to work out. My folks live in St, Marys and I'm thinking of getting a few bills diverted their way to prove residency for a DL. I don't own any regulated firearms now except for my pistol everything else is .22lr and 12ga. IF i can get residency issues solved then I will have a shiny new AR to add to that collection. Regardless, I'm stuck but I still have to shoot somewhere.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Too late, I woulda coulda shoulda, but signed the contract before MOM unleashed his hateful fury for all things guns (except Beretta). The residency thing I'm tying to work out. My folks live in St, Marys and I'm thinking of getting a few bills diverted their way to prove residency for a DL. I don't own any regulated firearms now except for my pistol everything else is .22lr and 12ga. IF i can get residency issues solved then I will have a shiny new AR to add to that collection. Regardless, I'm stuck but I still have to shoot somewhere.

Maryland Small Arms is also not far from most of Charles County. They have up to 50yds indoor and you can shoot rifles.

http://msar.com/home

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I haven't found anything "Free" in this state yet, in either sense of the word.

Welcome to the occupied territories.:sad20:

Sanner's Lake is at membership-capacity right now, but you'll be very welcome at any of our public matches.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Hey Guys and Gals,
    I'm an ex military, intermediate shooter and will be closing on a new build mid October. Can anyone recommend any ranges or clubs that I should look into? I know about Myrtle Grove and that looks ideal for me but I'd like to get more info on other places.

Thanks!

IF you have a Virginia Driver's License and you are stationed or live in Virginia RIGHT NOW......

Buy your AR NOW!
    Buy an M1A NOW!
    Buy another AR NOW!!!

Then, go see your doctor!!
    Anyone that would VOLUNTARILY move INTO Maryland needs to see a doctor!!!!!!!

As for ranges, I don't frequent this place, but, there is an outdoor range in La Plata, called Myrtle Grove.
    A permit is required to use the range.

I don't have that information, unfortunately.
    I'm sure someone will come along shortly with some good info.

Please...... re-think moving into occupied territory.:D

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum and sorry for your loss.

I belong to both St Charles Sportsmans Club and Sanners Lake Sportsmans club. Each offer something the other doesn't have and neither have hoodlums that rent guns and shooting Gangster style. When you are ready feel free to contact me, I will gladly give you a tour of both clubs.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

I belong to both St Charles Sportsmans Club and Sanners Lake Sportsmans club. Each offer something the other doesn't have and neither have hoodlums that rent guns and shooting Gangster style. When you are ready feel free to contact me, I will gladly give you a tour of both clubs.

Great idea!!

Let me know when you're going..... I'll show up with my Glocks and shoot 'gangsta' style for him!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::D

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Gangsta-Style Prohibited at Sanner's Lake

Great idea!!

Let me know when you're going..... I'll show up with my Glocks and shoot 'gangsta' style for him!

:lol2::lol2::lol2::D

Sorry, but we have banned your "Gangsta Glock" shooting style after that unfortunate incident when a shooter inadvertently dropped-trou while shooting two-handed. Several of our fellow-members are still undergoing therapy to recover from that sight.:shocked2::puke:

Recent events have shown this to be a safety-hazard.:sad20:

As the saying goes, "When saggy pants are outlawed, only outlaws will have saggy pants.";)

Attachments

• sideways_gun_sight.jpg
      sideways_gun_sight.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 229
    • Sagging-Pants Outlawed.jpg
      Sagging-Pants Outlawed.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 233

azuluza

May 14, 2013
    where in charles? if your close to crain highway go to Freds, good shooting range but its limited to what you can shoot. ex. I cant shoot my Five Seven

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.

Did SSSC lease new range space yet ?

string6guru

Feb 8, 2013
    Waldorf, Leonardtown, MD
    Thumbs up for all the posts. Looks like I'm going to have to register my pistol because of residency issues. As far as non regulated long guns go, how much more difficult will it be to buy in MD after Oct1? I'm shopping for a Mini 30 and possibly a 9mm carbine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom