• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Now that .22 is coming back, I am going to stockpile as much as possible and then sell it for a huge profit if a Democrat wins the 2016 election.

I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise people like you are the reason why we can't have nice things :rolleyes:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A big trailer from ATK full of 22ammo is coming Friday for anyone around York/Lancaster/Hburg, big sale with prizes

trop 22.jpg

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    While I agree 22 is coming back, we are still being overcharged for it. I am not buying any until it returns to near 2012 prices. I think it will be another 6 months or so for bulk pack stuff to return to .04-.05 a round like it should be.

NY Marksman

Feb 20, 2013
    22 shortage causes

well as someone who works at a small chain of sporting goods stores (for a second job) I can honestly say that there is some truth to the article. our trucks come in from the corporate warehouse once a week, and that truck is followed by the same 30-40 people, who each buy their limit (one brick) and continue to the next store.

what is left over is usually a supply 3 boxes of 50 rounds and those last for about 2 days. these are the ones that the rest of us get to fight over. some of the truck followers wait till the next day and literally sell it in our parking lot for 3-4 times as much, others i am certain go to gun broker and sell it for as much or more. others have been hoarding or buying for hoarders and have even told me they have over 40,000 rounds stocked up, but still are looking for more, because it is hard to get. :sad20:

I've looked at the shipping manifests and compared them to last year both by my memory and by the books and we are getting more in( according to the books, we're actually getting in about twice as much), it's just impossible to keep on the shelf. Sadly I only expect the hoarding to stop only when people's houses start collapsing in from the stockpiles. (I make notes to look for these houses because I figure once they do collapse, there will be either lots of cheap ammo for sale so they can afford to fix the house, or a good fireworks show). :D

my suggestion is to give it time and use a different caliber temporarily, and wait it out. patience is a virtue after all. that and 7.62x54R is still relatively cheap and the as are the 7.62x39 and 5.56. in the other cases, Gamo makes Air rifles with nearly identical ballistics to a 22, using the 22 caliber pellets, can use a silencer legally and are even cheaper to shoot than 22lr.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    well as someone who works at a small chain of sporting goods stores (for a second job) I can honestly say that there is some truth to the article. our trucks come in from the corporate warehouse once a week, and that truck is followed by the same 30-40 people, who each buy their limit (one brick) and continue to the next store.

what is left over is usually a supply 3 boxes of 50 rounds and those last for about 2 days. these are the ones that the rest of us get to fight over. some of the truck followers wait till the next day and literally sell it in our parking lot for 3-4 times as much, others i am certain go to gun broker and sell it for as much or more. others have been hoarding or buying for hoarders and have even told me they have over 40,000 rounds stocked up, but still are looking for more, because it is hard to get. :sad20:

I've looked at the shipping manifests and compared them to last year both by my memory and by the books and we are getting more in( according to the books, we're actually getting in about twice as much), it's just impossible to keep on the shelf. Sadly I only expect the hoarding to stop only when people's houses start collapsing in from the stockpiles. (I make notes to look for these houses because I figure once they do collapse, there will be either lots of cheap ammo for sale so they can afford to fix the house, or a good fireworks show). :D

my suggestion is to give it time and use a different caliber temporarily, and wait it out. patience is a virtue after all. that and 7.62x54R is still relatively cheap and the as are the 7.62x39 and 5.56. in the other cases, Gamo makes Air rifles with nearly identical ballistics to a 22, using the 22 caliber pellets, can use a silencer legally and are even cheaper to shoot than 22lr.

:mad54::party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom