• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I really dislike loading tubefed less than reloading 10/22 mags. Just pick up 5 at a time, tilt the barrel up and drop em in. Repeat until full. Close the tube.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I really dislike loading tubefed less than reloading 10/22 mags. Just pick up 5 at a time, tilt the barrel up and drop em in. Repeat until full. Close the tube.

:thumbsup: I think it's quicker than my 25 round mags for the 10/22.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    gsg's are fine just use federal or remington bulk..... its cheaper than cci anyways:thumbsup: i am thinking about selling mine to justify a p22 but i just can't seem to part with it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I saw the Sig 522 (apparently made by GSG?) and fell in love with it. Definitely hoping it's got some reasonable quality.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    The Sig 522 is being made by Sig Sauer.

ive heard the opposite.. i would get the sig 552, but i already have a 10/22 krinker plinker sbr.. its nearly the same thing, but probably better.

I like my gsg5pk, i like my mosquito, i like my romanian trainer... i still think the 10/22 is the way to go...

there is no better or stranger to operate gun then a 10/22... you can replace nearly ANY part on the gun for your own desires/needs/wants...

the only part that annoys me with the 10/22 is knowing they were SO cheap back in the day, now its hard to find them under 225 dollars... for a damn 22!!!

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    last sping I said that i'd never get a .22 but "never say never"

I prefer my rifles over my P22, I just think plinking with it is much more fun than a pistol b/c you can do much more with it. I didn't want to spend all the $$ for a GSG. What do you want to do with it?

2-Ruger 10/22 (there is so many accessories you can do with it, tacticool or sniper it)
    Mossberg 802 Plinkster-This is a great bolt rifle for $119 and very accurate!!
    Pink Keystone Davy Crickett for my daughter
    Savage Cub for my son

btw...like my signature I don't own any guns:innocent0
    (for the price of a GSG I could have got both my Rugers and my Mossberg)

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    The Sig 522 is being made by Sig Sauer.

My gunsmith put in a call to his distributor ATI right in front of me and asked about the 522. German sport guns is definitely making it. Sig has out sourced it through them. They make the mosquito as well.

And on a side note. I wouldn't sell my GSG anytime soon. With HK suing the pants off of GSG right now. If they win and they can't ever make anymore GSG-5's the price of that piece will climb. I would hang onto it if it were me.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Whatever you get, don't get a tubefed...they're such a PIA to reload if you're shooting alot...

I prefer my 10/22 load 4 25rd mags, shoot 100rds...reload mags...

VS my Marlin Model 60, load 17rds, shoot 17, load 17, shoot 17 (or if you get a newer model I think it's only 12rds)
    :rolleyes: Must be true if you say so.
    I'll load 17 rds tube fed faster than you can load a 10rd 10/22 mag.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Well, I am officially in love with my Skeeter. Today I found that it likes Remington Thunderbolts, CCI minimag round nose (always liked the HP), and Federal Match. All ran without flaw. Maybe someday it will eat the bulk federal, but right now I can shoot for as little as $4 per hundred. My biggest fear with this gun was that it would be ammo finicky and a jam-o-matic. Thanfully, it runs great thus far.

Splitter

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My gunsmith put in a call to his distributor ATI right in front of me and asked about the 522. German sport guns is definitely making it. Sig has out sourced it through them. They make the mosquito as well.
    Interesting. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker, but it does make me think I'll be waiting for reviews first - if it's as picky about eating cheap ammo as the Mosquito, I'll probably reconsider.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    +1 on the Mossberg 802 plinkster...it's DIRT cheap, shoots straight as hell, and I love mine so far. Have a 3x9 scope on it and I'm into it for $150 total...it is a bolt, so not sure if thats your cup of tea or not. I just picked up 2 extra 10rnd mags for it and LOVE shooting it...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Marlin Papoose is my vote, accurate, reliable, handy. Though the mags are finger scuffers.

10/22 would be better if the hi cap mags were a little cheaper. Hoping to get one or two more.

I will put a final vote in for the good old handy Model 60 Marlin, even available in stainless laminate these days. Might have to have one if it ever pops up in the Dicks catalog.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Check out the 10/22 thread. There is a million things you can do with them. When you pimp them out with a good barrel and ammo, you'll find out what the term "tack-driver" means. :D

Dick's in Waldorf has the basic model for $199.

Other than that, I really like my Marlin Model 60. :)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    +1 on the 10/22. Love mine. A few weeks ago at Myrtle Grove, I put 25 rounds through one hole, except for a single flyer. I was pumped!

It is nice to know you're actually doing it right, when you finally get a group like that. Now if my groups suck, I blame it on the rifle/bullets. :D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    It is nice to know you're actually doing it right, when you finally get a group like that. Now if my groups suck, I blame it on the rifle/bullets. :D

Heck, I blame it on anything I can think of when my groups suck because I just know it wasn't MY fault. :innocent0 Unfortunately that's often and I'm running out of things to blame. When I DO get groups like that, it once again proves to me "even blind hogs can find acorns once in a while".

Seriously tho Ruger 10/22's, Marlin 60's and Savage MK II bolts are all economical rifles to buy, accurate and cheap to shoot. Add a Henry .22 lever to your safe and it'll be difficult to decide which ones go to the range with you. I have all four and take at least one along with the 'cannons' to the range every time for extended shooting fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom