Mossberg 930 JM Pro? Anyone heard of availability?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I was going to post this under the partners section but I didnt see a way to post to all of them at once..

Does anyone know the deal about the Mossberg 930 JM Pro availability? I thought for a shotgun that has gotten very good reviews..they would push it out. But they seem to be stumbling..

Robert Avery

Sep 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I talked with Benny Hill about this shotgun and he said it had problems and kicked like a mule! He worked with Mossberg developing the gun and did as Best as he could considering the price range they wanted it in. His price for a 930 is $1,300.00 and it still kicks. It changed my mind about considering one.

I talked with Benny Hill about this shotgun and he said it had problems and kicked like a mule! He worked with Mossberg developing the gun and did as Best as he could considering the price range they wanted it in. His price for a 930 is $1,300.00 and it still kicks. It changed my mind about considering one.

REALLY? I heard the kick wasnt that bad! Hmm. I hoped they learned their lesson with the 930 SPX and not push production and sacrifice quality control. I know they had a lot of problems with the first release of the SPX. $1300? I though ttheir retail was closer to $700.00. Hmm..I didnt think Jerry Miculek would put his name on any product that had issues..

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    There are several of us on here that own this model and love it. Your best bet to get one is to sign up for email alerts at all the online stores carrying it.

I have only had one problem with mine and it was probably user error as it happened on one stage only. I have and will continue to recommend it.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State

Really? I see them(930 jm Pro) selling for about $600 most places. I have a 930 with a slug barrel and it doesn't kick any more then my 1100. I think they are one of the best values out there as long as you don't need 3 1/2 inch capabilty.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I haven't had any issues with mine. Recoil seems good to me. And I paid about 600 I believe.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Really? I see them(930 jm Pro) selling for about $600 most places. I have a 930 with a slug barrel and it doesn't kick any more then my 1100. I think they are one of the best values out there as long as you don't need 3 1/2 inch capabilty.

I added an extra short tapped gas port to my 935. I added a lightened picatinny rail that makes a great rear sight to the large fiber optic front. I have QD red dot and scope that work with the slug barrel. I might move to offset irons or optic. The one thing that does stink about the Mossbergs is the AR style spring tube so so far I am limited to a Choate stock. I will probably make a 6 position tube sleeve for it so it can join some of my other adaptations. Of course the recoil is gas operated typically mild especially with 3 1/2" turkey loads.

There are several of us on here that own this model and love it. Your best bet to get one is to sign up for email alerts at all the online stores carrying it.

I have only had one problem with mine and it was probably user error as it happened on one stage only. I have and will continue to recommend it.

Im on a couple of email alerts. But it is what it is. Just the lack of availability is what is throwing me. For a shotgun that is showing a lot of promise against the FN and having a strong showing in the 3 gun market - no one can find..

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I've been looking for one also. So far zero luck. I wonder if it would be worth it to pick up a regular 930 and just do some upgrading.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I bought mine from Palmetto State Armoury. Give them a look every now and then. I haven't even shot it yet but for 3-gun a lot of the upgrades on this gun are heard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom