• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I was at teh range playing with the new to me, bought from a member here, Mossberg 590A1. I was finishing my range tiime and had 2 slugs left, I loaded them into the tube, pumped nothing. Turned it to side racked again round chamber, fired, racked the pump last round FTF turned it on its side again rack and chambered. Only happened this one time with two rounds. Ran flawlessly when fully loaded. I am thinking maybe time for a new mag spring and maybe the follower?

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I would recommend contacting Mossberg customer service first. With the serial number they may have a good idea of the issue and should send you the parts you need as a warranty case.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Wondering if it was kept loaded for years and wore out the spring?

From research i have d one mossberg has notoriously bad springs in their pump guns. I have seen pics where a new pump gun spring extends out a couple of inches from the end of the mag tube. The wolffe extends out 8 inches from the end of the mag tube and I picked up 1 extra round of capacity :innocent0

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    From research i have d one mossberg has notoriously bad springs in their pump guns. I have seen pics where a new pump gun spring extends out a couple of inches from the end of the mag tube. The wolffe extends out 8 inches from the end of the mag tube and I picked up 1 extra round of capacity :innocent0

I've had a 20" for 4 years with no issues. Gets taken out about every other month and is loaded in the safe a month on and a month off.

I must take a look at these wolffe springs! thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom