• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Just thought I would let you guys see the newest addition to my gun collection. This makes number 20 in it. I can assure you this thing is actually pretty comfortable to shoot 2 3/4" high brass out of. Oh well hope you guys like it!!:)

Attachments

• cruiser.jpg
      cruiser.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 395

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    RAvIS, 590. 8 + 1 shot. The action is built like a champion on this thing. The only thing i dislike is the thin coating/finish. Seems to scratch too easily and i am anal when it comes to keeping my guns scratch free. I look at it as a 289.00 firearm designed for one purpose- to save my ass in the event action is needed. Nothing less nothing more!!

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Very cool. Couldn't find that particular model on Mossberg's site that's why I asked - guess they haven't updated it yet.

Gonna put a Hogue grip on it?

HOG_05014H__64653_zoom.jpg

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Honestly RaVIS, the recoil wasn't that bad to me. I shot some 2 3/4" high brass express loads out of it and i was ready for some 3" buck mags. Didn't have any sadly but i can assure you in time they will fly. So to answer the question if i spend money for a grip it will be for the moe from Magpul for my s/w mp15 sport .223! Sticking it out with the factory 590 grip!!

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    That's awesome! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun with it already. :-) I'm still trying to figure out why your model is considerably less expensive than the 500A1 54125 model at 6-shot capacity and 18.5" barrel. Your 590 is obviously a "better" gun w/better capacity. There seems to be about a $50-$75 difference in online prices between the two - the 18.5" 500A1 Cruiser being more expensive. And, since you got yours at $289... I'm really floored. Anyway... at that price it looks like a steal. Congrats again!

Last edited:

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Why do you think i jumped on that bad boy when i saw the price tag? Hell for all i know it could have been miss priced and I scored big time. I am thinking about heat shielding this baby?! Any opinions on that guys?

Last edited:

Mr BoomStick

Jan 27, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Nice shotgun, i have the same one picked it up for about the same price at a local shop. I have a top folder on mine with a shroud on the barrel. One of my favorite guns and great for Hd scenarios with some critical defense.

Tylenator

May 18, 2012
    Carroll County
    Congrats! No disrespect, but no stock? Terrible idea. They shouldn't even make shotguns without stocks. Your shoulder no longer absorbs the recoil, which more so affects your grip and sight picture. Accuracy overall drops significantly from free holding it. This list goes on.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    :thumbsup:Accuracy affected? Sorry not with this gun. 30 yards away from my buddys old pickup 3-4" diameter reflectors disappeared at the squeeze of the trigger. Make no mistake these have a small front sight and are deadly as all Hell. They are far more dead on than one would expect!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom