• Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    Coming Soon...

Untitled-5.jpg

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010

Hello,

I will list the finished product when it's ready. I was hoping to churn out the complete prototype as well as several more tonight, but the parts did not come today...

I'm hoping they'll be here tomorrow.

Initial price will be about $20 less than Mojo.

Regards,

Josh

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Any info on how it mounts and can the rear aperature be made a bit smaller to maybe match the view radius of the front site?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If this is a rear peep, I was thinking it would be nice for something that does not mount permanently (if possible), something just for shooting,then it comes off w/o modification to the rifle. Was wondering if that was this or if it's doable.
    thx

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    Hello,

I will list the finished product when it's ready. I was hoping to churn out the complete prototype as well as several more tonight, but the parts did not come today...

I'm hoping they'll be here tomorrow.

Initial price will be about $20 less than Mojo.

Regards,

Josh

You are speaking my language right there! Can't wait to see these when you have them ready.

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    You are speaking my language right there! Can't wait to see these when you have them ready.

Hello,

Last night, I completed two sights (and ruined one on the learning curve, dammit!): One went on my rifle, and one is for sale after its photo op today :D

Look for pics later today.

Regards,

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    If this is a rear peep, I was thinking it would be nice for something that does not mount permanently (if possible), something just for shooting,then it comes off w/o modification to the rifle. Was wondering if that was this or if it's doable.
    thx

Hello,

That's this!

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    ...can the rear aperature be made a bit smaller to maybe match the view radius of the front site?

Forthcoming. I'm working on the next generation already, but probably won't have it ready for a while.

The current sight will be ready to sell at the end of the day :D

Regards,

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFoGK3XsApk

Please excuse the surroundings and the picture quality. I did this at home, not the shop, in response to some concerns that the cocking piece will move on the x and y axis and not only the z axis. The first part demonstrates that I have a standard sear, while the second and third parts give different views of the striker knob dropping.

You will see that the cocking piece only travels in the direction it's supposed to.

Regards,

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    Hello,

I hope to be well enough this weekend to get out and shoot it for "postable" targets. I already have two orders.

I guess 60-70 years ago this was considered quite the modification.

m91peeppic.jpg

M91_sight_bolt.jpg
    m91_Left_side.jpg

M91 Mosin Nagant

Regards,

Josh

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    Hello,

I'm currently in the office/workshop. Orwell is on internet radio, and I'm filling sight orders.

I've also prototyped an interchangeable aperture rear peep. The first size is 3/32", which is my favorite size peep sight.

Pictures to follow later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Regards,

Josh

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Anyone have feedback on how well these work? The hammer has a ton of slop in it and even moves down quite a bit as the trigger is squeezed. It doesn't lend itself to repeat-ability.

Josh Smith

Aug 10, 2010
    int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

The existing ghost ring is about 0.125". This aperture shown is 0.094.

I don't really like the 0.094" as it just falls in between ghost ring and not-ghost-ring, and if I go to production, the standard aperture size will be about 0.063 or so to start with, anyway.

I still like the ghost ring as it holds the front sight hood centered perfectly, but I understand those who desire the smaller aperture and will be trying it out myself shortly, before I start making it.

Also included is a slightly improved lockup to return the cocking piece to perfect zero every time.

I'm not sure it's needed, but it's there as a redundancy.

I'm also trying to watch the complexity as complexity = weight = slower lock time, which we don't want.

Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom