• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I really like them too. Ill wait until the price comes down though. I have a bubba'd 1917 Remington Mosin that some idiot cut down and it would go great in there.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wow, a detachable mag!!!! That's really freaking cool. At $200, the price seems kind of high though, and I like my Mosins the way they are.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I have many guns since getting my C & R, but no Mosin--just not interested, but an accessory that costs more than the gun? I dunno......

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Ya if it were cheaper I might look out for a cut down mosin or barreled receiver to pu in one, mainly I like the detachable mag, but I think not enough to spend this much.

For what id spend doing this id rather buy some other c&r.

It is really cool though.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Honestly though for 100 dollar gun almost any accessory you bye will be more expensive than the gun and mine is in a beat stock. Toneach his own I like having 10 round removable mags a lot. Make my mosin fun again. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nothing's forcing you to buy a bargain basement Mosin. My plan is to buy a known good shooter, like an M39, and use one of those.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    It was my first lol. Not a lot of $ at the time and just like bikes and cars i can't leave anything stock lol. To each his own I think its slick looking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Normally id want to suggest not to do it to an otherwise fine mosin, but at least these stocks do not require permanent modifications to install so in that regard its great.

Just hold onto the old stock, especially if you use an m39 because even at $200 an m39 with one of these stocks and no original will actually be worth less than stock.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd like to go in the opposite direction- where can I can get Mosin style stock for my Remington 700? What good is a rifle that can't also be used as a club when the SHTF and you're out of ammo????

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Maybe I'm just too old and traditional, but I think it looks silly ... like a rifle out of a Sci Fi comic book. Maybe others find it attractive for just that reason. Different strokes, and all that. I can understand, perhaps, modifying a bolt action like the M-N to make it a real long-distance tack driver (and some have that potential), but all that plastic just to look cool? Meh. Also, when you put that onto one, it ceases to be a C&R and becomes a custom rifle not covered as a C&R.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I have many guns since getting my C & R, but no Mosin

0331-OFALLOUT-Russia-Putin-Bombings_full_600-550x366.jpg

Wut?

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Not for me, but to each his own.
    But, I do hope they sell a million of them and everyone who buys throws the original furniture away. That would make mine in original condition increase in value by at least a dollar or two.:lol2:

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Maybe I'm just too old and traditional, but I think it looks silly ... like a rifle out of a Sci Fi comic book. Maybe others find it attractive for just that reason. Different strokes, and all that. I can understand, perhaps, modifying a bolt action like the M-N to make it a real long-distance tack driver (and some have that potential), but all that plastic just to look cool? Meh. Also, when you put that onto one, it ceases to be a C&R and becomes a custom rifle not covered as a C&R.

it does cease to be C&R while its on, but at least it doesnt modify the gun, so as long as you keep the old stock, you can always return it to original condition.

in fact, if someone plans to shoot a mosin a lot, it can actually be a good way to preserve a nice stock rather than put wear and tear on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom