• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    I'm looking for a Mosin 91/30 with either a junked stock or no stock. I'd like to build up a nice hunting/target rifle, but don't want to destroy a nice rifle.

Anyone seen them around? I know Century had some a while back, but can't find any now.

I've do have my C&R.

Thanks.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I'd search gun shows for beat up MN's...I'm in hte same boat, AIM has 91/30 for $79.95, I don't know what CAI is selling for but I'd hate to get a beauty stock b/c I can't destroy it. Good luck!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm looking for a Mosin 91/30 with either a junked stock or no stock. I'd like to build up a nice hunting/target rifle, but don't want to destroy a nice rifle.

Anyone seen them around? I know Century had some a while back, but can't find any now.

I've do have my C&R.

Thanks.

Southern ohio guns usually has mosins that have already been put into black or camo synthetic stocks.

But, if you want nice, and target, skip the 91/30, and get the Finn M39. They are built ground up from captured russian actions. They were produced from the 20's through the 70's. The quality and accuracy are supposed to be like a complely different rifle. The Finn's still use a sniper rifle based off the mosin, or at least did until very recently. Southern Ohio carries several types of the m39 too, and they aren't considered "historical" guns, so bubba away.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    You can just lift the entire M-N action and drop into an aftermarket stock. So unless you're planning to cut up an existing stock, that shouldn't be an issue. From that point you start drilling and tapping for mount, bolt work, etc, to get the rifle you want. So I'd say just buy an AIM special and go to town if that's what you want to do.

Matt

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Buy 3 and use the one with the worst stock! Some venders give a price break for 3, and some of us C&R types here will probably buy the other 2.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I say buy a complete gun and remove the stock and sell it. I'd like a pretty Mosin stock I could refinish without destroying the history of one of my guns.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Southern ohio guns usually has mosins that have already been put into black or camo synthetic stocks.

But, if you want nice, and target, skip the 91/30, and get the Finn M39. They are built ground up from captured russian actions. They were produced from the 20's through the 70's. The quality and accuracy are supposed to be like a complely different rifle. The Finn's still use a sniper rifle based off the mosin, or at least did until very recently. Southern Ohio carries several types of the m39 too, and they aren't considered "historical" guns, so bubba away.

jaybeez...i was at Delta yesterday and a shooter let me shoot his M39, it was a beauty!!! can you point me in the right direction where I might find one C&R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom