• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Hello there. I have a 1941 Izzy mosin that I bought a month or so ago and have only got to fire it once :( Mine didn't come with a tool/firing pin gauge so I had to order one off of the internet which got many favorable reviews for accuracy. The problem is I can not get the firing pin protrusion just right. If I try to match up the screw head with the line engraved in the metal, I'm either just a fraction of a hair below minimum, or just a hair over maximum if I turn it 180 degrees. Has anyone else had this problem?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sounds like maybe the firing pin got replaced since they originally marked the bolt. Or maybe Viktor came into work one day in 1933 after too much Stolichnaya the night before and just didn't mark it quite right at the start. I would go with what the gauge said if it were me.

Dec 31, 2012
    Well I turned it so that it's pretty much barely touching the minimum and ever so barely clearing the max so I'll try it out next time I go to the range, but the screw head is a bit off from the mark on the bolt.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I have also heard of some "aftermarket" gauges which aren't correct. Try measuring your gauge, the real deal is 75 thousands of an inch minimum and 95 thousands maximum. I believe the "wrong" gauges are only 90 thousands for max, that might be your problem

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    my ebay tool was 75/90 and my T53 passed.

then I got a Russian 91/30 and it came with a toolset. it was 75/95 and measurements were stamped unlike the eBay one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom