• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Some of you are a real bunch of egregious dickheads. You act like because someone made a poor choice in vendors that they somehow deserve shitty treatment. You could try climbing down off your pompous assed pedestal and show some compassion because you know what?!

You are acting like the ****ing assholes in that store you are complaining about. You are sending out the same trashy lack of concern. Congrats.

OP sorry to hear about your troubles. Suck to get delayed waiting on a new toy. Unfortunately you are amongst many all in a never ending line... The governor is trying everything to cheat the process to get these apps caught up the political jungle. You could complain but eh who could affect change?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I visited the Gun Center a little more than a week ago to see if they had the business sense to start moving product before it was too late. Without prompting, the guy behind the counter was apologizing for their AR prices because they were putatively bought at peak during the crisis. The problem was that many of their newly acquired handguns in the case were also way over MSRP, and the inventory in their cases was greater than I've ever seen. I wonder how many guns they moved, and now what they have to do with those that had mags over 10 rounds.

TGC's prices have always been high as hell, so it isn't like there is anything new with that. As for them buying the AR's at the height of the panic, they had guns coming in during and after the panic that they paid pre-panic prices for. I know for a fact that the prices are marked well above MSRP and they won't budge on any of the prices, even if you offer to pay in cash. GVSG on North Market is a hell of a lot more reasonable with their prices, and they didn't jack the prices up by very much during the panic. TGC before the panic was selling AR's for well above MSRP, yet they were doing brisk business, so the prices should be below or at MSRP, not 300+ above MSRP. During the panic, I heard that they jacked their prices up the day the panic started to capitalize on the poor shlubs that wanted to buy an AR. I'm sorry but the business practices of TGC are beyond crazy and the fact that they haven't lower their prices post-panic shows that they are just out to gouge people for as much as they can get away with.

Some of you are a real bunch of egregious dickheads. You act like because someone made a poor choice in vendors that they somehow deserve shitty treatment. You could try climbing down off your pompous assed pedestal and show some compassion because you know what?!

You are acting like the ****ing assholes in that store you are complaining about. You are sending out the same trashy lack of concern. Congrats.

OP sorry to hear about your troubles. Suck to get delayed waiting on a new toy. Unfortunately you are amongst many all in a never ending line... The governor is trying everything to cheat the process to get these apps caught up the political jungle. You could complain but eh who could affect change?

If you would look up some of the complaints on MDS about TGC, you might change your mind about how great TGC is. They have pulled a lot of shady stunts over the years, and I sincerely hope that this is the one that is the final nail in that store's coffin.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    If you would look up some of the complaints on MDS about TGC, you might change your mind about how great TGC is. They have pulled a lot of shady stunts over the years, and I sincerely hope that this is the one that is the final nail in that store's coffin.

Please don't mistake what I was saying. If you want to rip a vendor go right ahead. No love loss here. My point was that the attitude that because the OP shopped at the wrong vendor doesn't mean he is deserving of poor service.

It is a very poor stance many around here seem to take. As if ones ignorance should be deservingly punished. I bet all of you have learned a lesson or two the hard way and the last thing you needed when it happened was someone standing there telling you, well, you deserve it.

Knowing some of you I would hedge a bet that you may be inclined to choke the shit out of that someone.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Please don't mistake what I was saying. If you want to rip a vendor go right ahead. No love loss here. My point was that the attitude that because the OP shopped at the wrong vendor doesn't mean he is deserving of poor service.

It is a very poor stance many around here seem to take. As if ones ignorance should be deservingly punished. I bet all of you have learned a lesson or two the hard way and the last thing you needed when it happened was someone standing there telling you, well, you deserve it.

Knowing some of you I would hedge a bet that you may be inclined to choke the shit out of that someone.

I might have misunderstood your meaning. With the opinions of TGC on the web and from myself and people I know, it is relatively easy to mistake somebody defending TGC, when in fact they are not.

Sometimes people fail to research the business that they decide to shop with. That is their issue, but when a business is a pure CS industry like a gun shop, then bad CS experiences will be the reason why they fold. It doesn't help that TGC has a well documented history of gouging the customers, even before the panic of 2012. They have a clear history of extremely horrible CS and I have been on the receiving end of it a few times from at least 3 different employees. My issues with TGC lie in the fact that they not only gouge the crap out of their customers, they also gouge the crap out of the military personnel at the Fort, the CS is crappy at best, and even if there is no other customer in the store, they won't give you the time of day even if you are going to buy something from them. It doesn't matter if you are buying a bottle of Rem-oil or a $5000 firearm, each customer should be treated the same.

Then they pulled this little crock of BS. I highly recommend you read it, to see how they have gotten really shady since Newtown.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=111515&highlight=gun+center

If you don't want to actually go to the thread here is an image of the form.
    HhonEYW.jpg

SteveFinMD

Mar 21, 2012
    Frederick County
    Since I started this thread, and opened the can of worms that resulted, I thought I would clarify a few things. I have been a resident of MD for 43 years, and an active shooter for all of that time. My usual go-to shop is the Gun Shack, with which I have been very happy & well treated for many years and many transactions.

I was looking for a specific handgun which is no longer made, and not easy to find. The Gun Center had one at a price I was willing to pay. I knew the MSP was backlogged when I agreed to purchase the gun but I did not expect it to take so long for the paperwork to clear.

I was always greeted, and treated, in a friendly manner by the staff in the shop. I was disappointed when they decided not to release after eight days but it is their shop and their choice.

Finally, if I purchase another handgun in Maryland, which is not likely, I will go to the Gun Shack first because of my past history with them. If not available there, I would look for shop that does 8 day releases.

I hope everyone else finds a place to shop that they enjoy...and be safe wherever you buy.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I wouldn't buy a cap gun from these guys, period.

Rude, condescending, and obscenely overpriced are just a few of the words I would use to describe what you get for your patronage at TGC.

Sorry, but anyone who would continue to do business with these guys is just not paying attention. There are way better choices that are not much further away. In the final analysis, you get what you pay for, and with TGC you pay more and get less. Just my humble opinion.

I never did any business with the old owner "Jack" or whatever his name was, the current owner is a "Mr. Kelly" I believe, I know his face because he was once a range officer at the Cresap public range, but I believe he had some kind of falling out with them, and is no longer an RSO there. I can't say I'm surprised, because he is not a very friendly or engaging person to deal with.

Look, I understand a business is not a popularity contest, but when you are the face of that business, you had better have at least some reasonable "people skills" if you want customers to keep coming back. A rude and/or unfriendly atmosphere, lousy or non-existent customer service on the goods you sell, and consistently higher prices than the competition, is not a good recipe for the health and long term survival of your business IMO, and frankly, I'm surprised they have survived this long.

I wonder how many grossly overpriced "assault weapons" that are now banned for sale to MD residents The Gun Center is stuck with now that the new law is in effect..?? At the prices they were asking and their reputation for friendly service I can't imagine they were exactly flying out the door, so my guess is they are now stuck with quite a few that they will be forced to sell them online to out of state buyers, or at gun shows, if they even attend them. Any way you slice it, they are probably going to take a beating on all these guns they can no longer sell to locals, and it serves them right as far as I'm concerned. As the saying goes... you reap what you sow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom