More Montgomery County residents are facing food insecurity than at the height of the pandemic

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    They look emaciated.

I've worked my share of food pantries and still do but plenty of the customers drive a nicer car than I do and have their nails done and expensive hairdos.
    I used to see this in DC when they gave away the free turkeys for thanksgiving....as I pass in my beater on my way to work.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I used to see this in DC when they gave away the free turkeys for thanksgiving....as I pass in my beater on my way to work.

****Marion Barry was famous for pulling that crap. He would ask for turkey donations (total shakedown) from companies that did business with the city and he would go around handing out "free turkeys" to folks in the poorest districts of D.C. like he had paid for it himself. I was quite young at the time, and at a wedding at a well known hotel in downtown D.C. and in walks Marion Barry and his entourage - and they make a B-line to the buffet table and start noshing on shrimp, lobster tails and steaks, etc.. The father of the bride was paying for the wedding for the most part and I, like a dummy asked the father how he knew Barry and the guy was like "I don't really, but if you want to do business in D.C - you need to make sure you don't piss off Marion Barry or he can just have you shut down or make your life a living hell..". The dad owned a big construction company that did lots of concrete work in the city so he had to pay his "tribute" if he wanted to continue doing so.

Total 3rd world crap right there.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    Several years ago I started a thread to give away a $50 grocery gift card for an MDS member in need near Thanksgiving...

About two weeks later, one of the members who said they could use the help was posting pictures of their new guns... I don't know, but it bothered me a lot.
    We traveled with a friend on a backpacking trip. We had to stay in a motel one night and our free ride from my bro turned in to hiring a blue van cause he forgot about an engagement. She couldn't afford to kick in for either but had enough to by a teeshirt and some other crap from a tourist trap at our destination.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Want to the most disgusting part of it all? Most of these people just waste the food they are giving. From someone whos had to use pantries to get by I know what brands are giving out. I work part time for a junk removal company and we occasionally clean out a apartment that is in section 8. Well guess what, the cabinets, and closets are packed full of food that they received and had no intention of ever eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom