Montoya Hearing Deliberation Audio-Shocking!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE post this somewhere other than drop box. I have spent A LOT of $$$$ with Iota, and curious as to if I want to continue to do so.

It would be nice... Or even nicer if there was a written transcript of the meeting in question, that could be downloaded for those who don't use Dropbox. :shrug:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You do not need Dropbox to download the audio. There is an option in the pop ups to download the file without signing up for Dropbox.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    You do not need Dropbox to download the audio. There is an option in the pop ups to download the file without signing up for Dropbox.

What app.will play it? I have a bunch of different apps, none of which will open it.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

True stuff...

It downloads to a 25 MB .wav file. Too big to post here. If someone hosts their own server they could post it there, or maybe it could be reduced in size. All outside my skill set.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Short answer: No

Just look at this thread and you can see where I stand on West and believe me, White has less of a clue than she does.

Don't take this the wrong way but I would like to judge for myself.

Ken and Courtney seem to be A+++ people. They have been 100% (I think) honest with me and have advised me not to waste my time and money trying to get a carry permit.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE post this somewhere other than drop box. I have spent A LOT of $$$$ with Iota, and curious as to if I want to continue to do so.

I know both of these women and am disappointed in what I read here and in previous posts about them and their decisions. I thought both would have been more supportive of those seeking permits or the lifting of restrictions.

Personally, I'd look to Chuck, owner ofTyler Firearms, Halethorpe, for any training you might need. He's a sandbox conflict veteran, has decent prices, knows his stuff and is 1000% supportive of our 2A rights. Phone: 410-921-6393.

Good luck to all who struggle with Merryland's ungodly permit system.

I'm back here in my roots in western PA for a while, and I'd have a permit in less than 72 hours (from the Indiana county sheriff's office) if I'd apply. My Ranger buddy and brother in law both have permits and tote on a regular basis without restriction.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Ken and Courtney seem to be A+++ people. They have been 100% (I think) honest with me and have advised me not to waste my time and money trying to get a carry permit.

I couldn't pick Ken out of a line up and I'm sure Courtney is a nice person but it was clear from the start of her tenure on the HPRB that she knew less than zero about MD 2A law and the function and purpose of the board, and her non-recusal recusal would lead me to question her ethics. Both would be disqualifying attributes for someone I would seek to utilize as a firearms instructor, YMMV.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

So let's talk this through, someone that has the power to award you a permit (in conjunction with other board members) tells you not to apply because you won't be approved. Apparently they have neglected to tell you it is because they would vote against you and not because there is some law that prohibits issuance to you. The board owes no deference to MSP contrary to the actions of some board members. The board could absolutely approve anyone who applies if not a prohibited person. The board absolutely has the ability to determine that terrorism or high crime rates are G&S. They could lift every ridiculous restriction placed on a permit by MSP.

Question everything! Trust but verify.

After hearing this recording it is quite apparent that some people compromise their principles when given a little power.

The audio is highly inflammatory because it exposes people behind closed doors who would never act that way in public.

Tim shouldn't be satisfied with his restricted permit. It is not okay to laugh and suggest that if he gets a work call he will just have to suck it up and drive home to retrieve his firearm. There is no requirement in Maryland law that a permit be restricted. MSP has decided that Tim has G&S but needlessly restricted his permit. A board with the power to fix the needless restriction has not done so even though it is well within their power to do so. Basically they have said "oh well, too bad our hands are tied" when they are in fact not tied at all. The same is true of numerous applicants who have been denied permits altogether by the HPRB.

It is very disappointing to hear supposedly recused board members participate in deliberations. It is perhaps even more disappointing to hear a state employee who is also an attorney unlawfully (IMHO, IANAL) participate in deliberations.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I would just like to know how many realtors meet their clients in a bar at 3am to discuss business. I think they were reaching.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I must have blinked a while back. Is Mr Neverdon an attorney? I recall him being administrator and providing administrative support, don't recall anything about legal beagle status.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• neverdon.jpg
      neverdon.jpg
      76.6 KB · Views: 313

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I would just like to know how many realtors meet their clients in a bar at 3am to discuss business. I think they were reaching.

Considering most jurisdictionshave 2am restrictions on serving alcohol, none.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Whoever owns the aforementioned audio file.......shoot me a pm. When i get home i will get it into a manageable format that is accessible

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom