• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    "Guaranteeing the union a voice in restructuring the DLC might solve that problem. Money is trickier: The liquor business contributes $30 million to Montgomery’s hopper—money that pays for roads, schools, and libraries across the county. Because voters tend to get more upset about underfunded schools and highways than about inefficient liquor distribution, kicking the bottle is very difficult."

:sad20:

The mad rush to dump perfectly good Stoli by virtue signalers was even more precious! :rofl:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "Guaranteeing the union a voice in restructuring the DLC might solve that problem. Money is trickier: The liquor business contributes $30 million to Montgomery’s hopper—money that pays for roads, schools, and libraries across the county. Because voters tend to get more upset about underfunded schools and highways than about inefficient liquor distribution, kicking the bottle is very difficult."

:sad20:

The mad rush to dump perfectly good Stoli by virtue signalers was even more precious! :rofl:
    It sure was. These people need to be mocked and ridiculed at every opportunity.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Bill 14-23, sponsored by Montgomery County Council President Evan Glass at the request of County Executive Marc Elrich, is a late-night safety plan introduced Feb. 28. A Public Safety Committee work session is scheduled for Monday.

Also see: https://wjla.com/news/local/late-ni...burg-silver-spring-maryland-dmv-silver-spring

As the bill is set now, businesses would have to take on the cost themselves, but county officials told 7News there are potential grants to help them pay for the upgrades. Businesses that don't comply could be fined and be forced to shut down.

Legislation Status Link:

Last edited:

owldo

Ultimate Member
    OK, here's my late night safety plan for Silver Spring businesses: arrest the people doing the violent crap and keep them in jail. Late at night, they will still be in jail, instead of out committing yet more crimes.

Oh, I'm sorry. You want a plan that WE have to act on (as long as it doesn't include actually defending our lives), not a plan that YOU, Mr. Executive, could and should have been acting on all along. Boo-freakin'-hoo that you're short on MoCo cops, too. I don't want to hear about it, because that's also YOUR FREAKIN' FAULT.

Legal law abiding citizens are always forced to make concessions ... We know this because criminals are not allowed to possess guns !

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Once they outlaw personal possession of automobiles, the carjacking issue will go away.

"Private car violence" will be a thing of the past.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The MoCo Council passed it:

Montgomery County businesses open between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. that sell alcohol or tobacco will now have to develop late-night safety plans, under legislation passed by the County Council on Tuesday.
    The legislation passed 9-2, with councilmembers Will Jawando (D-At-large) and Andrew Friedson (D-Dist. 1) opposed. It will apply to businesses across the entire county as opposed to just in specific areas, which had been proposed in a previous version of the bill.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Now I understand that feeling of safety that suddenly and mysteriously wafted over me. Thank you Monkey Council, you are a true inspiration.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ha! Maybe if one smelled like sh!t, one could safely walk around downtown SS at 3AM.
    I've had great success with a pair of pitbulls on a leash, and a pocketful of pepper gel. Currently augmented with something a little heavier.

Actually safer in the wee hours, as there are so few around that it's easy to be aware of possible problems.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Outback is smart to close before midnight.

Glass and councilmembers Sidney Katz (D-Dist. 3) and Kate Stewart (D-Dist. 4) created the amended option that would apply only to businesses between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.

It also applies to businesses that operate anytime between midnight and 2 a.m. and have been the subject of two or more service calls for law enforcement to respond to “serious incidents” during the prior 12 months. “Serious incidents” would include certain crimes identified by the police department.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    My local one closes @ 11:00 . I thought that was the typical for OBSH ?
    Sure seems like it is.

At some point we’ll have the Outback shooting stories.

It’s been popping off at Red Lobster in Rockville:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom