• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    I have a C&R license and have had problems buying handguns and sometimes long guns directly from a FFL out of state. but never ammo. i recently got a sportsmansguide.com sales paper and they had 8mm and 7.62x54 ammo at decent prices but when i tried to order i was told they did not sell ammo to Montgomery county, md. anyone else have this. ( i checked and they have the same policy written in their sales paper).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have a C&R license and have had problems buying handguns and sometimes long guns directly from a FFL out of state. but never ammo. i recently got a sportsmansguide.com sales paper and they had 8mm and 7.62x54 ammo at decent prices but when i tried to order i was told they did not sell ammo to Montgomery county, md. anyone else have this. ( i checked and they have the same policy written in their sales paper).

I have read on other boards of SG doing this in other locations, particularly Annapolis. The poster called SG and was told that SG's legal department had made the determination. The poster even quoted the state's preemption law to SG but they wouldn't budge.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Somoss,

If you work outside of MoCo, can you have it shipped to your work? I have most of my ammo shipped to my office so I know it will get signed for and not just left sitting on my porch for 8 hours.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    This is straight from Sportsman's Guide's website:

"WARNING:Ammunition cannot be shipped to AL; CA; CT; FL; HI; IL; IN; KS; KY; LA; Annapolis, MD; Montgomery county, MD; MI; NV; NJ; NY; OK; OR; RI; TX; D.C.; MA; Canada or Puerto Rico. Ammunition cannot be shipped Parcel Post. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Ammunition."

Hell, they should probably just list the states they WILL ship to, it would be a lot easier than reading that mess!

I read about the Annapolis shooter's problem with them before, and TSG is on my personal "do not buy from, ever" list as a result.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Well it's cost them a few hundred dollars from me alone. I used to subscribe to their emails and get their catalogs in the mail, but when they said that I lived "too close to DC" (wtf? I live 30 miles or more away) they wouldn't sell me ammo any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom