Montgomery County Gun Buyback: Interfaith GVP Network Aims to Hit $30,000 Goal by April 20

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Within Maryland, all handgun transfers (including C&R handguns) must go through FFL or MSP. If a C&R licensee purchases from out-of-state, it comes direct to their door. CMP purchases are like out-of-state C&R purchases, direct to your door.
    Just a note, unfortunately the CMP 1911 program is separate, and handled differently. They have to ship to a dealer/manufacturer FFL and no direct shipment to an FFL-03 or unlicensed individual for a CMP 1911 (anywhere, not just MD) - which is one of the reasons I don't have one :)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Within Maryland, all handgun transfers (including C&R handguns) must go through FFL or MSP. If a C&R licensee purchases from out-of-state, it comes direct to their door. CMP purchases are like out-of-state C&R purchases, direct to your door (no C&R license needed).

( pretend I"m quoting Blacksmith's post here , but I can't quote posts from different pages in same reply .)

Both True Statements, but addressing two different things ( plus there's a 3rd if you consider CMP as a separate thing ) .

There are C&R License Holders , and there are C&R Eligible Firearms , and they don't necessarily overlap .

MD Residents With FFL 003 may purchase C&R , including Handguns , from out of state w/o any Maryland involvement.

Maryland Residents Without FFL 003 , may purchase a C&R Handgun Without an HQL .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Within Maryland, all handgun transfers (including C&R handguns) must go through FFL or MSP. If a C&R licensee purchases from out-of-state, it comes direct to their door. CMP purchases are like out-of-state C&R purchases, direct to your door (no C&R license needed).
    Yes all handguns must go through an FFL but you do not need a HQL (Handgun Qualification License) if it is C&R Eligible i.e. more than 50 years old.

All CMP 1911 handguns also have to go through an FFL in the state the recipient is in.
    Link to CMP 1911 handgun sales page:

CMP Rifles can ship direct to your door except for some specific states with local restrictions.
    Link to CMP state specific requirements:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That still does not change that a C&R handgun, purchased at a dealer, does not require an HQL.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The MGA needs to close that loophole before MAGA armies of WWII enthusiasts run amok!

:omg:
    1714165519052.png

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Nothing for mags...?

There was one last year they were giving something like $50 per "high cap" mag. If I wasn't so impatient at waiting in lines, I would have made a couple thousand dollars that day, just selling brand new Magpuls still in the plastic!

That reminds me, I've gotta grab a couple more from PSA in Savannah and Green Top in Ashland on my way home next month.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    Amen, I have a couple cases I want to give back @ $50 per….

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom