Montgomery County Council Receives Briefing on Juvenile Justice, Crime, and Public Safety Issues

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

Was only a matter of time.
    Can't rob someone in Bethesda... rob them all day long in Silver Spring, nobody cares. Rob them in Bethesda and everyone comes out to complain about the crime.

I *almost* wish I could be around when the purple line opens and there is a free ditch train from lower PG straight into Bethesda. It's going to be funny watching the liberals see the end result of their policies!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Can't rob someone in Bethesda... rob them all day long in Silver Spring, nobody cares. Rob them in Bethesda and everyone comes out to complain about the crime.

I *almost* wish I could be around when the purple line opens and there is a free ditch train from lower PG straight into Bethesda. It's going to be funny watching the liberals see the end result of their policies!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    ^ Truth.

That Nike Store won't last long.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

All talk. Show me results Governor.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY, Md. (7News) — As carjacking and auto theft numbers have soared over the last few years, prosecutors in the two most impacted jurisdictions - Baltimore City and Prince George’s County - say they’ve seen trends.

Much of the crime, they claim, is being done by juveniles, in groups, often at the direction of others.

Guess MoCo was unavailable for comment.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****Amazing how sensitive a subject this is on my local NextDoor app when people mention the increasing crime…. Lots of people chiming in how it’s not true, the police have not been hamstrung or somewhat defunded, and it’s just better reporting and sensationalism vs any real increases. :rolleyes:

God forbid ya show any pics or videos of a person literally engaging in criminal behavior and it isn’t a white or Asian dude in a suit.

People get very upset that the pictures are portraying stereotype of behavior that apparently has no basis whatsoever with who is actually in prison, parole, or probation in Maryland, and how society has failed certain groups and we all need to do better and give people 2nd,3rd,4th,5th chances and keep them outta (keep who out of prison again ?) prison or we are failing our children, blah blah. More money for schools needed…..

Tiresome. Lock people up. Bummer if the people locked up don’t look like the census, or are equitably distributed amongst all racial and ethnic categories as well as sexual orientations and uhhh single/traditional nuclear families, etc..

Silly people on that NextDoor app…

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    ****Amazing how sensitive a subject this is on my local NextDoor app when people mention the increasing crime…. Lots of people chiming in how it’s not true, the police have not been hamstrung or somewhat defunded, and it’s just better reporting and sensationalism vs any real increases. :rolleyes:

God forbid ya show any pics or videos of a person literally engaging in criminal behavior and it isn’t a white or Asian dude in a suit.

People get very upset that the pictures are portraying stereotype of behavior that apparently has no basis whatsoever with who is actually in prison, parole, or probation in Maryland, and how society has failed certain groups and we all need to do better and give people 2nd,3rd,4th,5th chances and keep them outta (keep who out of prison again ?) prison or we are failing our children, blah blah. More money for schools needed…..

Tiresome. Lock people up. Bummer if the people locked up don’t look like the census, or are equitably distributed amongst all racial and ethnic categories as well as sexual orientations and uhhh single/traditional nuclear families, etc..

Silly people on that NextDoor app…

Time for a meme again:

Shot:

Chaser:

That's worth putting on NextDoor. Just tell them they sound like Tariq asking the same question.

The way to have fewer pictures of a specific demographic committing crime is for them to commit less crime.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    400px-Lon_Chaney_Jackie_Coogan_Oliver_Twist.jpg

Here's the culprit!

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Time for a meme again:

Shot:

Chaser:

That's worth putting on NextDoor. Just tell them they sound like Tariq asking the same question.

The way to have fewer pictures of a specific demographic committing crime is for them to commit less crime.

Well there's always Whiteface. Neither racist nor cultural appropriation so good to go for the paparazzi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom