• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And that's the crap that's causing all this erosion of the 2A. The Democrats know this and the poster that said Bruen isn't the magic bullet everyone is making it out to be is spot on.
    Sigh. SCOTUS can’t just swing their dick around knocking shit over.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    And hence my comments that SCOTUS needs to get off their asses and do their job. It's obvious these local politicians are giving them the middle finger on their authority. Yet they sit back and do nothing.
    SCOTUS can't do anything until a case is actually brought before them. And that can't happen while lower courts drag their feet on making decisions.

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    Activist judge. basically saying don't worry those privately owned places are not affected but even in the law it bans guns in places of worship , which are privately owned, not goverment owned. It also bans in "goverment owned parks" which is proof of MoCo overreach into state and federal jurisdiction built into their law.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    SCOTUS can't do anything until a case is actually brought before them. And that can't happen while lower courts drag their feet on making decisions.

There have been cases brought direct to them. They chose not to hear them based on procedural for the lower courts to drag their feet. They can choose to hear the case to signal to the politicians and the lower courts that they're serious with the Bruen ruling.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There have been cases brought direct to them. They chose not to hear them based on procedural for the lower courts to drag their feet. They can choose to hear the case to signal to the politicians and the lower courts that they're serious with the Bruen ruling.
    Cite those cases.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    SCOTUS almost never gets involved in a case that doesn't have a final decision at Appellate level, unless there is a life and death emergency like someone is about to get executed. What we have here is a District-level decision on a preliminary injunction, not a final decision. Next step is 4CA.

If you're thinking of Antonyuk, that was another PI. And even with no SCOTUS action, 2CA was rattled enough by the fact the Court even looked at it that 2CA significantly advanced their hearing date in order to keep SCOTUS from providing them direction.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Check out this section on churches:

Insanity.

Given this restriction, I'm thinking a number of people will become certified and "independent" Maryland Security Guards.

" Independent Security Guard " isn't a thing in Maryland . They could be an In House Guard working exclusively for a particular Company or Org . To work for various clients , they have to be employed by a Security Agency . ( Which have to be owned by a Private Detective .)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Without Bruen, I wouldn't have MD and PA permits today.

Of course, actually using the MD permit is a challenge.
    This exactly. The MD permit in my wallet says Bruen accomplished something.

I waited 10 years to get a permit. Without Bruen I’d still be waiting

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And hence my comments that SCOTUS needs to get off their asses and do their job. It's obvious these local politicians are giving them the middle finger on their authority. Yet they sit back and do nothing.

They can’t do anything until a case comes before them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    In order for them to do "their job" as you put it, there needs to be a case put in front of them. Are you aware of any that have been presented to SCOTUS since Bruen, that the lower courts patently spit in the face of SCOTUS and the Bruen ruling?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And that's the crap that's causing all this erosion of the 2A. The Democrats know this and the poster that said Bruen isn't the magic bullet everyone is making it out to be is spot on.

They can choose to hear cases that are presented to them directly that pertain to the violation of Bruen but they have chosen not to.
    Name one case that has been presented directly to SCOTUS that violate the Bruen Decision?

If they are serious with their rulings, they would fast track any unconstitutional laws that are obviously violating their ruling. They're not. The Democrats know this and are just happy to tie up our 2A rights in litigation.
    SCOTUS only fast tracks what is presented to them, not what is presented to lower courts.

Bruen might as well never have happened.
    I would cousel patience, but you apparently have none and have no clue how the process works.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What cases?

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    This exactly. The MD permit in my wallet says Bruen accomplished something.

I waited 10 years to get a permit. Without Bruen I’d still be waiting

It’s more than I had before.

My lifestyle isn’t conducive to carrying all the time.

Carrying is uncomfortable.

I visit PA a few times a year and now can carry there, and couldn’t before. VA. Bunch of east coast states.

This is our republic working though. Slowly but progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom