• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Really the decision was released yesterday...
    Feb 24, 2023
    NOTICE OF FILING OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of Proceedings, Motions Hearing held on 2/6/23, before Judge Theodore D. Chuang.

LOOK at my post #2408
    That's NOT the decision, just a notice of the transcript of the hearing.
    No where in your posting do they mention the decision being made or the record of such.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    My understanding is that only applies for the state court (I saw the link that someone, perhaps you, provided a few pages back, it was for the state court, not the federal district court where this is being heard). I believe audio recordings are only a thing in federal court when there isn't a reporter present and thus no transcript.

Anyway, looks like ordering the transcript from the reporter at 88 pages would be $426 to get it in a week. The cheapest is $321 and I believe that's a month. Either way, way more than I'm willing to spend. Once it's on Pacer it'll only be $9, but that won't happen until 5/25. If we don't have a PI by then we're not getting one from the district court.
    Thank you.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Thank you.
    Yw. I should correct myself, this district court doesn't do audio recordings when a reporter is present. Some federal courts do live streaming of hearings. I believe it's still a pilot, but all courts, federal and state, should adopt this in the interest of transparency in government. Perhaps one day soon.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    1677545698779.gif

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    i gotta say if you had told me in November we would be going into march with this BS id be shocked.

I realize now the name of the game has changed since then but cmon.

EXTRA lib NY state got a faster response

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Welcome to Montgomery County; trying hard to become the new Baltimore.

Increase Section 8 housing, defund the police, bring in more New Americans, and make the county a Gun-Free Zone. (And encourage bounties on SCOTUS justices; take two out and we'll reverse Bruen.)
    You are absolutely correct, that's all you see on the news lately is trouble in Montgomery County, now those idiots want to restrict what the cops can enforce, you folks on Montgomery County need to vote their ass out of office

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    AKA, using all time available to exercise judicial gymnastics around what he was clearly told to do.
    He knows what he should do.
    Which will make some people mad.
    He knows what he wants to do.
    Which will make other people mad.
    He knows if he doesn't get it right he will be smacked down by higher courts.
    So keep delaying for as long as possible hoping a miracle will happen so he doesn't have to issue a ruling.

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    He knows what he should do.
    Which will make some people mad.
    He knows what he wants to do.
    Which will make other people mad.
    He knows if he doesn't get it right he will be smacked down by higher courts.
    So keep delaying for as long as possible hoping a miracle will happen so he doesn't have to issue a ruling.

Like the Judge in Miracle on 34th street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm sure in his own mind, he will.
    No doubt. People are entitled to their own misconceptions. I hope he does the right thing for us though. What the county did feels dirty. A number of people(myself included) went out and got permits and then the county fu*ked us and made our permits all but worthless. I'm not interested in a refund. I want the same right that most American's enjoy on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom