• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Those Everytown attorneys deserve sanctions for pulling this crap.
    I'll be happy if the judge rejects the amicus. The Everytown paymasters will not be pleased with their law firm's game playing.

That they took the risk they did illustrates just how scared they are of Mark P.'s arguments.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I'll be happy if the judge rejects the amicus. The Everytown paymasters will not be pleased with their law firm's game playing.

That they took the risk they did illustrates just how scared they are of Mark P.'s arguments.
    Agreed, but I have no doubt that Everytown was fully aware of this legal strategy by their attorneys.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Frankly I’m surprised that the Everytown lawyers weren’t made part of the official MoCO defense team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Frankly I’m surprised that the Everytown lawyers weren’t made part of the official MoCO defense team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then they wouldn't have been able to run the delaying game, run up the bill, keep the issue in play, and generate popularity points from the base.

The more shiny objects in play, the bigger the Dazzle Effect.

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    Great reads! The NJ TRO petition is a good read if anyone has the time for 60 pages. This case very closely resembles what they did in NJ, post Bruen. As a MoCo resident, i'm really hoping and praying that this plays out in a similar manner. If it doesn't, the state police or the county government should issue refunds to every permit holder for their application fee, CCW course fee and compensate those for their wasted time.

From what I could tell, the NJ TRO was hinged on lack of historical evidence reflecting the kind of firearm regulation that NJ gov was pushing for. MoCo provided similar, non relevant and non historical evidence. I would say outside of some ultra liberal, heavily biased judge, this should be a slam dunk.

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    Something that shocked me about MoCo's response was how deceptive and desperate it was. They used Reconstruction-era laws banning firearms in parks that were designed to protect wildlife and western territory laws to support their case. What person with a graduate school education(lawyer) could in good faith try to equate laws like that to banning permitted citizens from the ability to bear arms for self-defense in public? They also seemed to stipulate that the increased presence of permitted CCW holders in public was a bad thing and may frighten people. How could that possibly be a bad thing? What evidence do they have to support that? This county is so screwed up. MoCo is the next California. It's frightening to realize that your government is truly against you and your most basic, unalienable rights.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Something that shocked me about MoCo's response was how deceptive and desperate it was. They used Reconstruction-era laws banning firearms in parks that were designed to protect wildlife and western territory laws to support their case. What person with a graduate school education(lawyer) could in good faith try to equate laws like that to banning permitted citizens from the ability to bear arms for self-defense in public?
    The Usual Suspects specialize in the making of exceptions the rule and in the finding of distinctions where there is no difference. It's what they do. :shrug:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I’m going to be in Moco today. Carrying concealed. I sure hope no one chooses to meet their maker today.

Update. Made it in and back out. Didn’t see any lines on the road showing where I may have entered a firearm free zone, so it must be true it is not being enforced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom