Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Old news. Headline reads "Montgomery County, Md. passes bill..." which happened weeks ago. Headline does not read "New Law Takes Effect" or something of that sort. The article itself is really poorly written as well.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thats probably true
    but this law in the county is a misdemeanor, doesnt prohibit you from owning a gun

There are several misdemeanors in MD that will make you prohibited from ever owning a gun again in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    There are several misdemeanors in MD that will make you prohibited from ever owning a gun again in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I personally know a store owner that has contacted his lawyer on this issue because he doesn't intend to follow it.
    From what was told it wont stop you from owning. Especially if this law is later to be found unconstitutional.

As far as other misdemeanors that will disqualify you I know nothing about.

EDIT: by the time you actually get a court date for said offense it would probably thrown out due to a federal judge ruling lmao

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you are convicted of a misdeamenor that carries a possible sentence of more than two years you are prohibited.

No ownership, no possession, no nothing

Period

ETA you don’t need to be sentenced to more than two years. If the possible sentence >2 years you’re done

Theses are state and Federal laws, not silly Mo Co

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    You know what else I am wondering, New York has been way to quiet lately. Does anyone know what is going on with NY and their silly gun laws ????
    They are losing in court like crazy lmao. Their current firearm storage law is being challenged or reversed.

Every time they lose in court over a gun restriction, they get salty and try harder in other areas and then lose that.
    If you are convicted of a misdeamenor that carries a possible sentence of more than two years you are prohibited.

No ownership, no possession, no nothing

Period

ETA you don’t need to be sentenced to more than two years. If the possible sentence >2 years you’re done

Theses are state and Federal laws, not silly Mo Co
    :thumbsup:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

notional

MDS Supporter
    1669667228500.png

Well, looks like this thing is on the books.

In reading some of the comments from Moco 'officials', I'm just appalled that they apparently don't trust their system. First, they didn't enact any of this until the USSC ruling this year on permits - so they trusted their system up to that point. Now, to deal with all the new permit holders in Maryland, their paranoia, idiocracy and delusional thinking is just insult to injury that they don't even trust their own system, that they created, to vet, train, and deliver a CCW to their own citizens. How does EL-RICH (sic) carry his Glock? Can't go anywhere when you're deep in the populous of Moco's metropolis with this unconscionable and unconstitutional bill.

Just joined MSI and hope my little contribution helps in shooting this down. And shot down soon. Are all eight of these yea-sayers able to be civically sued if this is ultimately judged unconstitutional?

Last edited:

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    View attachment 389913

In reading some of the comments from Moco 'officials', I'm just appalled that they apparently don't trust their system. First, they didn't enact any of this until the USSC ruling this year on permits - so they trusted their system up to that point. Now, to deal with all the new permit holders in Maryland, their paranoia, idiocracy and delusional thinking is just insult to injury that they don't even trust their own system, that they created, to vet, train, and deliver a CCW to their own citizens. How does EL-RICH (sic) carry his Glock? Can't go anywhere when you're deep in the populous of Moco's metropolis with this unconscionable and unconstitutional bill.

Just joined MSI and hope my little contribution helps in shooting this down. And shot down soon. Are all eight of these yea-sayers able to be civically sued if this is ultimately judged unconstitutional?
    Still states it's a bill.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    View attachment 389913

It's not law according to the screenshot

Looks like Christine Wellons is the attorney that believes its ironclad.

Slumy__57

May 18, 2018
    Hampstead MD
    What are people's thoughts on other counties enacting similar bills? I would imagine more rural counties will probably be safe, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers that Bmore and Howard county don't get any ideas

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    What are people's thoughts on other counties enacting similar bills? I would imagine more rural counties will probably be safe, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers that Bmore and Howard county don't get any ideas
    I'd be worried about the state copying it if it isn't instantly slapped down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom