• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    Yup. We definitely will, but it can't only be a lawsuit against the County Council. There also needs to be lawsuit filed under Section 1983 against the County Council Members to make them personally liable for this deliberately unconstitutional legislative action. They need to feel this in their own pocketbooks, not ours. That's how we put a stop to this kind of thing from happening in the future.

This needs to happen at several levels

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well they reversed Roe vs Wade did they not?
    It would be amusing if this sort of action by local and state governments was a deciding factor for SCOTUS to remove immunity from officialdom.

Isn't qualified immunity invalid if malicious intent can be proven? Wouldn't this be demonstrated by the MoCo council after being informed of the ramifications of the Bruen decision was made known to them? Their subsequent action flies in the face of the decision, point by point.

How long will the Court continue to tolerate deliberate refusal to adhere to their decisions?

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    It would be amusing if this sort of action by local and state governments was a deciding factor for SCOTUS to remove immunity from officialdom.

Isn't qualified immunity invalid if malicious intent can be proven? Wouldn't this be demonstrated by the MoCo council after being informed of the ramifications of the Bruen decision was made known to them? Their subsequent action flies in the face of the decision, point by point.

How long will the Court continue to tolerate deliberate refusal to adhere to their decisions?
    The Montgomery County Council deliberately and intentionally enacted this law, with the complete knowledge that doing so infringed upon the 2nd Amendment Rights of people who legally carry in the County, especially in light of Bruen.

Raskin gave it all away when he said what he said:

I'd love to see this be a watershed moment for malicious intent.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'd be interested to see if useful lessons can be learned from how courts dealt with local and state government refusal to follow school and other desegregation orders, and how those methods may be applied here.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    The Montgomery County Council deliberately and intentionally enacted this law, with the complete knowledge that doing so infringed upon the 2nd Amendment Rights of people who legally carry in the County, especially in light of Bruen.

Raskin gave it all away when he said what he said:

I'd love to see this be a watershed moment for malicious intent.

More Liberty is the new draconian.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    A few years back I was attending a baptist church in Burtonsville and in comes Raskin to the front next to the pastor asking for the congregation vote. Then the pastor chimes in he is not political. I immediately felt sick and walked out with everyone attending looking at me as I left. My ex wife was livid.

I felt much better after I left the church.

No, never went back to that church

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Could you argue that they are in insurrection against the government by openly flouting a supreme court ruling?

14th amendment time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom