• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    It must be really depressing, as a criminal, to try to carjack 5 unarmed people and fail every time.

Monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    It must be really depressing, as a criminal, to try to carjack 5 unarmed people and fail every time.

Monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At some point one of these carjackers is going to encounter someone armed.... I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

We're over 8 months past Hogan's update of MD law to comport with Bruen.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    At some point one of these carjackers is going to encounter someone armed.... I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

We're over 8 months past Hogan's update of MD law to comport with Bruen.
    MoCo is at what? .5% with carry permits? I think they are getting most of the permits, but it is the most populated county. So its diluted a lot. Carroll is at what, 3%, just a lot fewer people. Not everyone carries all the time. I've only carried a couple of times since this summer as I don't go places often and rarely places I am at all concerned on needing to carry. Yes, I know, sometimes it is the place you are least worried about when you need it the most. But once I start venturing into the bad parts of MoCo, Baltimore, PG, AA, Elkton, Columbia, etc. then I'll worry about it more.

Same thing like I had mentioned earlier. Crime rate is 3 per 100 per year in MoCo. The violent crime rate is more like .3 per 100. So with .5% licensed to carry, you'd got fair odds in a given year someone who is licensed to carry might face a violent crime. But some of those violent crimes are happening when they aren't carrying for whatever reason. In the bathtub maybe. Or it is someone they know. Or they get into a bar fight. With the crime going on, once it hits more like 1-2% carry, I'll be surprised if we aren't hearing of at least a few cases of a lawful carrier...diffusing the crime.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Now this is crazy video right here:

A police car actually drives right past him on his way up the steps to the door. He then goes back down the steps, tosses the broken gun and gets on the ground right before a police car stops him.

Man's got some tattoos:

At least he was polite---he said "Excuse me" a couple of times while he was banging on the door with a gun.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    MoCo is at what? .5% with carry permits? I think they are getting most of the permits, but it is the most populated county. So its diluted a lot. Carroll is at what, 3%, just a lot fewer people. Not everyone carries all the time. I've only carried a couple of times since this summer as I don't go places often and rarely places I am at all concerned on needing to carry. Yes, I know, sometimes it is the place you are least worried about when you need it the most. But once I start venturing into the bad parts of MoCo, Baltimore, PG, AA, Elkton, Columbia, etc. then I'll worry about it more.

Same thing like I had mentioned earlier. Crime rate is 3 per 100 per year in MoCo. The violent crime rate is more like .3 per 100. So with .5% licensed to carry, you'd got fair odds in a given year someone who is licensed to carry might face a violent crime. But some of those violent crimes are happening when they aren't carrying for whatever reason. In the bathtub maybe. Or it is someone they know. Or they get into a bar fight. With the crime going on, once it hits more like 1-2% carry, I'll be surprised if we aren't hearing of at least a few cases of a lawful carrier...diffusing the crime.
    According to MSP December data, the counties with the most wear & carry apps/permits are Baltimore, Prince George's, Ann Arundel, Baltimore City, Harford, Carroll and then Montgomery. I don't have more current information than this, but I would guess that MSP is doing monthly reporting about wear & carry apps.

1678808534061.png

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Interesting stats. Thanks. That could explain it. I'm curious how full the MD Wear & Carry Courses are now 8+ months on.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****Is it just me, or did the video of Monterey climbing up the steps holding his chest remind you of someone???

"Elizabeth!!!!! I'm comin' ta join ya honey!!!!! Lamont!!!! I think this is the big one!!! aaaahhh!!!" :lol:

moneterey.png

redd.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    because they want a seat at the new world order high table (WEF), else be left behind to suffer like everyone else. People crave power. Gotta get to that 800 million limit.
    Yeah, you know, twenty years ago I encountered people who were convinced of a conspiratorial theory of recent history. Some of what they said seemed reasonable, but on the whole, I tended to view them as slightly delusional.

I find myself today in their position. Much of Maryland's voting public would say the same about me. And yet, I'm pretty certain that I'm correct in my reading of what's going down. The stuff we're being force-fed to believe is far more delusional than anything I heard in the past.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yeah, you know, twenty years ago I encountered people who were convinced of a conspiratorial theory of recent history. Some of what they said seemed reasonable, but on the whole, I tended to view them as slightly delusional.

I fond myself today in their position. Much of Maryland's voting public would say the same about me. And yet, I'm pretty certain that I'm correct in my reading of what's going down. The stuff we're being force-fed to believe is far more delusional than anything I heard in the past.
    Worth a watch (or rewatch). You're not wrong:

Everything he said has come to pass. We're living through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom